• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi Y'all

dan-o

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Chambers
Howdy one and all. I'm dan, from the pearl of south west central Texas. Just got back into the larger street bikes a week or so ago. Look forward to swapping lies and riding with y'all

Good to have you here, Dan!

A bunch of us passed through Brackettville a couple of weeks ago on our return ride from Big Bend. I've never seen everything so lush and green in those parts before; you must have had a mild, wet winter.

Hi Paul,
Mucho gusto! Pretty mild winter, yes. Not much rain, though. I really want to make the ride to Big Bend. Not much traffic on US90 out that way and really pretty.

dan-o said:
Hi Paul,
...I really want to make the ride to Big Bend.

Heck, looking at my map, you're already more than halfway there! :mrgreen: ;-)

US90 is too straight to provide much fun riding, but the sublime beauty of the desert scenery makes up for it. 8-)

There are some great gravel roads out there! I hear you really have to watch for the deer though... :-|

Welcome to the site Dan!

Adios,

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, anytime right before and all dark hours are perilous here in ESWCT. Several aquaintences have either disintigrated the deer or their bikes. Luckily no fatalities, tho (only the pesky (pesty?) deer).
I almost nailed one the other day, one ran across the road and another followed. Being charitable and cautious (and instinct said Bambi was following) I slowed down enough for the first so I didn't split Bambi. Definately the five point grip, though.

Back