• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

florida to texas anyone?

Yep. quite a few times. 1100 miles in around 17 hours door to door.

As a matter of fact, doing it again in a few weeks on my GS.

Interesting video......

Cheers,
Pete

Yep, Ft. Lauderdale to Houston twice, once on 1200GS, once in Chrysler Pacifica. Stopped in MS, the halfway point both times as it wasn't a rush, but more of a tour de swamp.

While in the Navy I was stationed in Jacksonville FL. I have burned the center out of MANY 160/55r18s on that boring stretch of highway. It helped me log 38,000 miles in one year on a 1st gen GSXR750.

very cool, thanks for sharing guys!

I think this is my 8th time doing over 1,000 miles in one day.

in the video, southwest wind was sooo annoying so I backed up a little bit and rode behind RV and chill for few hours. good thing I have tall windshield!

Cool trip:rider:

Back in 1980 I did it on my CB400F to go see the races at Daytona with a friend who was riding a Kawasaki 500cc two stroke triple with racing expansion chambers.

No chance of getting tired and dozing off with a buzzsaw riding with you

Typical of youth we decided the day before the races going would be cool, stapped on a sleeping bag grabbed my demin jacket, candy apple red Buco open face helmet, ray bans and hit the road with about 100 bucks between us

1. I've done the Dallas to Tampa route a few times...in a car. It's insanely boring and I have no desire really to do it on a bike. Via plane is the best.
2. You were hauling butt there. :mrgreen: The only way to make that trip.
3. Nice to see you were flying low again with the wing on the back.
4. With the speed of the video I thought you crashed in the Mobile tunnel. Don't scare me like that again.
5. Having the camera to play with on the trip I'm sure helps make the mundane parts more interesting. Looks like you were having fun. I just usually have long conversations and sing duets inside my helmet with myself. I might be able to keep my sanity with some kind of distraction like that. Perhaps not.

Ha! That was cool! I've gone about 6 miles in one ride so far... At that rate, I could get to Florida in about six months or so. It's my Oregon Trail Riding Method. Yours looks like a lot more fun :)

After watching several of Mic's videos, he strikes me as a cool guy to hang out with. Nice video sir.

Cool video and ride.
Will be doing the reverse trip H-town to Pensacola.
Don't know if I can get the cruiser's going along with me to pull the whole trip in one day though.

Back