• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No turn signal

Reaction score
Hi there and I hope somebody can help me I have no turn signals whatsoever I even put in new sockets in the front thinking it was rust I check the back ones they are clean maybe I should check the bolts but everything else works worn headlights I read something about an issue with the side stand Killswitch could be a problem and mine is actually not working , if anybody has any idea please feel free to weigh in

I suspect you need to get a wiring diagram so we can start to make suggestions. Do you have a service manual for the bike? If you do, Any chance you could post a copy of the wiring diagram? Then we can really start to help you.

Gary

What bike? If all 4 are not working, I would suspect a fuse, the signal switch or the turn signal relay in that order. I doubt the side stand switch is the culprit.

Forget the sidestand switch. It has nothing to do with turn signals. I second the recommendations of fuse, switch, and relay. I add in checking the flasher. Instead of changing parts to see if it works get a voltmeter to troubleshoot the problem directly.

Forget the bolts too. Motorcycles generally use wiring for the ground side of the circuit, unlike the old automotive standard of chassis grounding to complete circuits. Cars are moving towards this as well.

Usually when a flasher goes, the lights come on but don't flash. More likely it needs to be seated. Could the flasher have come loose?

Very few connections on a flasher circuit. The switch, the flasher, the lights.

I would spray each bulb socket with WD40. Check that the flasher is in snugly, then if that does not work, I would test the switch with a Ohm meter.

what does the 4 way[ emergency] flashers do?

Last edited:
Back