• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

June 10 Twisted sisters and hackberry rd

mryo

Reaction score
I'm planning to do a shakedown ride prepping for mextrek. Intention is to ride the three twisted sisters, hackberry rd and some more off-road between about 270 miles. At present it's just me: some 200 miles of Colorado training but little solo experience. 2011 DL650.
Anybody interested?

Where are you riding from, and where are you staying?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm from Houston but coming in to Junction from Austin Friday evening. Got reservations Fri night and Sat night in Junction. For sure want to stay Fri night but may head back towards Houston Saturday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be coming from Austin Friday night after work, but probably staying in Kerrville. Ride all day Saturday? Let me clear some things with the Mrs. and i'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Great! That's the plan - ride all day Saturday (or until something breaks). With two of us I'd be willing to try some of the water crossings.

You should stay at the Legends Inn in Junction. Excellent accommodations

Thanks for the tip. Any recommendations if I choose to stay in Kerrville instead? A friend told me today that may be a better starting/ending point for the day.

I normally stay at Medina High Point Resort just south of Kerrville on Hwy 16. Camping there is 25.00. They also have nice cabins for rent.
Kerrville City Park is also very good for camping 10.00
Lots of hotel options in Kerrville but I don't have any favs.

Already committed to another ride or this would be fun.

Medina High Pt is good. I also want to reco a place just a little further down the road, Hill Country Resort
http://www.rvtexasresort.com They sure treated us well at a recent TWT camp out.

Hope you have a great day of riding. (Make sure you take hwy 16 from Kerrville to Medina, or vice versa.)

I'm planning to do a shakedown ride prepping for mextrek. Intention is to ride the three twisted sisters, hackberry rd and some more off-road between about 270 miles.

Go find Cedar Creek Road, you'll be out there very near it

That's your MexTrek prep ride

I might be interested, depends on if I sell the F4i this Sunday and pick up a dualsport by then, shouldn't be too hard to do. That'd be a heck of a shakedown ride.

I'm out. Dad just let me know he's coming to town that weekend. I'd love to see a map of your route, though. I've been wanting to do a weekend in Kerrville and ride the Sisters for awhile.

Alright gourdhead. Thanks for the tips all. I think I'll leave out of Kerrville now. Polk540 let me know if you're in. Tricepilot I'll check out Cedar Creek rd.

I've posted the ride report here

Had tons of fun! I'd like to ride some stuff closer to home now. Maybe in Sam Houston NF.

Back