• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old new guy

Reaction score
I am 73 years of age and just bought a 200cc Van Van.
I joined this site to learn about my new ride.
Things like "where is the fuel petcock?"

If this is new-ish Van Van, then it's probably fuel injected, and thus no petcock.

Welcome to the site!

That would be my take. The VanVan was introduced in 2016, and has EFI, according to Suzuki's website. Welcome to TWT.

Welcome to the club, we are never too old to do something new. Really hope you enjoy motorcycling..

Gary

You are right about the fuel injection. I have had two Motoguzzis that were fuel injected but they also had petcocks under the tank. How do I take the tank off the bike with no valve?
I am not new to motorcycles. I have owned more than 50 of them in my time.
This is the first two wheeler in 6 years that I have ridden. I have been and still am in a wheelchair most of the time. My legs are paralyzed from the knees down. As you may expect, this makes riding a two wheeler challenging.
I have been using sidecar machines for years now and decided that a light weight two wheeler was something I wanted to use to exercise what balance I have left. I shall modify my brake pedal so that I can use it, (I use the front brake now). I shall also have to modify the gear change lever. I hook my heel onto it to upshift at present. A dead foot can easily down shift although not gracefully.
I my past I have owned 3 TW 200 Yamahas but the Van Van is much more civilized. The TWs have a 2x6 board for a saddle whereas the Van Van has a real comfortable saddle. The handlebars are in a more comfortable position too.
The tires are considerably more civilized compared to the TW but then I don't think I will be riding the wilderness any more.
I seem to be learning okay but will know better after about a thousand miles.
I will be putting a larger sprocket on the rear to accommodate a sidecar later, but for now I am getting along relearning how to ride two wheels.
My other two bikes are a 2009 750 aero Honda that I put a sidecar on and used as daily transport in Hawaii for 7 years. I no longer go on long trips so I may sell it after I get the hack on the Suzuki for around town usage.
My third bike is a Rokon with a sidecar which has been a severe disappointment.
It only has about 250 total miles and has constantly broken down. One of the main reasons I bought the Van Van.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Most fuel injected bikes will have an inline quick release valve for the fuel lines so you can disconnect them to remove the tank.

Back