• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for a comfortable pit of jeans...

Rexter

Reaction score
For riding around.

It seems that I need something with more room in the thighs. I get the feeling that my pants get stuck to the back of my thigh, and I get some relief by standing on the pegs and letting the pants flap.

I've thought about trying some knee-length compression shorts under the pants. I've also thought about getting some pants that are a couple of sizes too large and having the waist and lower legs altered.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Not those in particular. I've got regular jeans and some Kevlar reinforced riding jeans. I guess I need something really baggy in the thigh area.

If you are acccustomed to more fashionable or "skinny" jeans then you should try some relaxed or even loose fit jeans.
I have found Cabela's brand relaxed fit are very comfortable on the bike and are a heavier cut of denim than fashion jeans. The rise is also at the natural waist as opposed to plumber's cut low-rise.
The other jeans that I really like are Wrangler Riggs work jeans that have a gusset in the crotch. You may have seen the Duluth jeans that also have this feature. It does make a difference.

Not those in particular. I've got regular jeans and some Kevlar reinforced riding jeans. I guess I need something really baggy in the thigh area.

Well here is a roomy option, dont blame me I spent too much time hanging around your brother

Attachments

• Hammer Pants.jpg
    Hammer Pants.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Diamond Gusset jeans. I love mine. I went one size larger in the waist. Have Kevlar in seat and knees.

These are good. I have a pair. They're roomy in the seat, thigh, and around the delicate bits. They,p're also very durable with reinforcements around the waist and ankle openings. I need to buy more, but can never find a sale as good as the one I got when I bought the first pair. They're worth the normal price...I just have a hard time paying it knowing I once got them cheaper.

Not sure what size you are but if you are wanting good riding pants, and not just jeans, then one of the most comfortable pair of riding pants I have stumbled across was the Klim Outrider. Not necessarily an every day pant, and a bit heavy for summer (in 100 degree temps), but then again when it is that hot in the south, nothing really keeps you cool.

I wear Carhartt B11 pants with a nylon compression short. They pants are an 11oz denim fabric and are a loose fit because they are working apparel. Other styles have double layered knees. An additional plus are the tool pockets and loops on the sides.
No, they are not M/C pants but I feel comfortable riding with them on. RH

I'm not comfortable without armor. About all Kevlar is good for is a reduction in road rash area and severity and keeping all the broken parts bagged up and easy to find. Without armor, crippling is common.

I usually wear jeans under armored mesh riding pants. A slightly loose fit is crucial for long ride comfort. Too loose and the folds of excess cloth become a pain. Rules out sizes bigger because the excesses are never in tolerable places, but I might tree the seamstress idea above for a custom fit.

Stretch fabrics also help a bit, but they are getting harder to find. Stretch does not work if the jeans are fashion tight to begin with.

I've found some loose fit stretch jeans in the past and they were AWESOME, but I've worn them out and tossed the remains and don't remember the brand.

Back