• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vacation coming up... where should a sportbiker go for all-day or two-day trips?

Reaction score
Where are some good spots to go if you want to do an all-day or two-day ride?
I'm coming from Austin area and am looking for very windy roads where a sportbiker can have some fun.

I'd say the Sisters as it's close by. I was going to recommend statying at D'Rose in Leakey, TX as it is a 2-wheel only place. But looks like that's sold and is now The Historic Leakey Inn, and is open to those on more than 2-wheels. Could still be a great place to stay.

Might pick up a Butler motorcycle map at your local m/c dealer. That will show you the type of roads your looking for. KP

I'm all for scrubbing off chicken strips but keep in mind it's a public road.

16 south from Kerrville to 337 then west. Make some loops of 337, 335, 336, 187. You easily make a day. You can do some of these road twice and and still seem new or do in reverse direction. They are all great, but be careful. Or, head to eastern Ok / NW Ark it might even be a degree or two cooler.

We just did the Three Sisters extended version last week and it would have been about a day ride if we had done all of it. We had a few slower bikes along with the pack that shortened the ride but I think we all still only knocked off around 3 or 4, at which point I cruised into Ingram, then picked up the road back out to Mountain home, took 479 over to 290 and took that going east into Harper. From that point I came back into Kerrville on 783. I was going to head back on on 16 to Fredricksburg and hit some of the back roads taking me to Boerne and etc (which is where the ride was originally going to be wrapping up but I picked up something in the back tire that gave me a flat. If you check back on the thread and route that Beefsalad made (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95443) that is a great one day ride oriented around the Kerrville Hill country area, and then maybe from there you can do a little background research on some additional places in the Austin area for the second day, because I have heard there are some really nice roads around Austin as well.

Back