• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Color Slide Digitizing

Let's just say the digital results far outstrip the talents of the photographers. :oops:My pictures are pretty good; a few are excellent. My dad's really vary in quality, and they really deteriorate beginning in the early 80s. He would have been in his early 60s. He wasn't feeble, he wasn't half blind, but the focus gets sloppy and the pictures are often near white from over exposure. He had a manual camera and I think that at some point, he got the idea that he could take a light meter reading and call it good for the day.

Still, there are some gems among the stones Last night I found some I'd never seen before - slides of my parents when they were dating in San Antonio before Dad got shipped overseas. Previously, the only pictures I'd seen from that era were prints, mostly b/w. If those were the only pictures I took away from this, it would be worth the price to me.

Back