• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Older/Vintage Bikes

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Every time I ride my 1976 CB 750 I get a few thumbs up and some conversations while refueling. Are there any groups or places that riders with older bikes meet in the Houston area?

Don't know if there is. I do know there is a vintage motorcycle club in the Houston area, but I don't know the contact info. Sorry.
I enjoy the double takes when I pass someone on my Norton Commando.
The NTNOA get together at the end of September in Jefferson is a great time and everyone enjoys old bikes. You might also check out the AMCA and see if they have anything going on.

Pics?

Great bike! Loved the sound coming from the 4 pipes. More so than the newer higher revving 4 into one bikes.

Don't know all the 750 Honda's my brother had.

His first one was gold and got him into the Shreveport Times newspaper in 1970 (could have been summer of 1969) as "Easy rider nabbed in wild chase at 120 mph on Interstate 20"! :doh: He was assaulted by the police.

He had a BRG green one, first F model, an orange one.

His last one was dual overhead cam model

A total of 6 or 7!

His first bike was a Cushman Eagle in 1958.

Hope you find something, I'd like ride see them.

Every time I ride my 1976 CB 750 I get a few thumbs up and some conversations while refueling. Are there any groups or places that riders with older bikes meet in the Houston area?

This coming April the AMCA is having a show and swap meet at the fairgrounds in Fredericksburg. The following week they are having a ride in the hill country south of Kerrville. Think I will take a couple of my old bikes down. Sounds like a fun time.

Not that it's relevant, but could you post a picture or two of the CB?

You'll a few more thumbs up here I'm sure. :thumb:

Over the last couple of years I really noticed how the 50s and 60s bike have completely disappeared from the road. Other than special events like Harvest Classic and a couple of other annual charity rides, it is just a rare sight.

There have to be a ton of these vintage bikes hiding behind KLRs and Vstroms but few are king of the garage like my sl350 is for me. The CVT trans are likely to claim me and the SL in the near future. Guess the guys who had them back in the day either don't ride or can't anymore.

Here is a rare series of 9 YTs about a 5K ride on a CB450:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhL484JYK1s"]Honda CB450 Long Haul Part 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Good post! :clap:

At times the 450 sounded like my old CB-350 and another time it sounded like an old Triumph 500 - a rattling bucket of bolts! ;-)

Well since this is "General Dirtiness" and the Title is Old/Vintage bikes, here is mine.

1977 XR75. I got it in 1979, we drove from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg (PA) to my cousin's house to buy it for $100. I restored it last year because it was a basket case from years of abuse.

How it looked when we moved to TX, the rest of the parts were in containers:
2w6HpeW.jpg

Last year after mostly finishing it. I am still looking for the correct front plate, this one is too large.
1T6nbFC.jpg

Very nice . Had the dark gray one back in 1974. Would like it back.

Thanks. I love that little bike. It is what started my life long love of motorcycles. I have wanted to restore it for years but finally did it last year. The 74/75 xr's are more highly sought after and more expensive.

Beer hauler

Attachments

• 38B4FE04-1076-4465-9D04-A0B8004979E3.jpeg
    38B4FE04-1076-4465-9D04-A0B8004979E3.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 275
You know you might check with Jamie Farquhar-Rizzo, he is the president of the BMOA in Houston. Yes it is a British motorcycle club but he make know.
Jamie@TexasBarracuda.com
Just because he is into Brit bikes doesn'r mean that he doesn't like other vintage bikes.
John

Back