• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WARNING Bad blood at Big Bend Ranch State Park

Interesting post coming from the guy who compared stealth camping to stealing food or taking someone else's car for a joy ride :rider:
Theft is theft and not the same as just violating a traffic regulation. People can rationalize however they want. There was also sarcasm and humor in that post. LOL was the giveaway.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Perhaps they could change the speed limit on that main park road to something a little more realistic/fun. 45 sounds good to me :trust:

The road would get into worse shape than it already is if faster traversal were allowed. Anything over 20 or so miles per hours makes the washboard that we all hate. I know the logic of skimming the top at 45 or so smooths out the ride in a car, truck or on a bike. It does actually worsen the road though.

I'm in the camp that wants a vehicle entrance opened up on our end of the park. It would still be wilder than the national park is. The state park front country stuff is wilder than the national park back country roads are. I would not expect visitor counts to spike to a point where that would change if access were increased. The bicycle crowd sort of has the east end of the park to themselves, so naturally they are in the camp that wants the vehicles kept out. Several of the rangers are in that bicycle crowd by the way.

Last edited:
Haha, just ran across this post about Officer Dotter. I had posted last week about our ride and the speeding ticket issued. Had to have been him! His initial reaction was pretty aggressive as he jumped out of his pick up to approach my brother. He did chill out but was saying that he had to do his job and the ticket was issued. There was a second officer there that pulled up and we actually had some small talk a few minutes. He did have a good point: the posted speed is there so that vehicles/motorcycles don't fly around the many blind corners and hills and collide into on coming traffic. The main road was perfectly graded.

Back