• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

4/28 Cheeseburger Loop Dualsport Ride

Reaction score
We're having amazingly beautiful weather, so I'm putting on another ride. This time will be a modified version of the Cheeseburger loop, cutting off a portion of SHNF due to Stubblefield bridge still being closed. The route should amount to about 150 miles.

Meetup will be in the Brookshire Brothers parking lot in Montgomery (105 @ 149) at about 0900. Planned departure time will be 0930. Please be sure to fill your gas tank and visit the toilet beforehand. Lunch is planned to be at Yankee's at whatever time we happen to arrive. Gas is available along the route, but I usually recommend a 100 mile range to be safe. I've had a guy with a stock tank DRZ (~80 mile range) make it.

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike
3) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #2
4) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #3
5) Hambone334
6) MississippiTexan
7)
8)
9)
10)

Maybe:

1) Kobbly
2)
3)
4)
5)

Last edited:
Is there anyplace to park a truck? I live down in Houston and it can be a little hairy dual sporting up there on I-45.

Is there anyplace to park a truck? I live down in Houston and it can be a little hairy dual sporting up there on I-45.

Park at Brookshires and prepare to have a great ride. It's a good route.

I’m 90% sure I’ll be there. What’s the ride report? Any water crossings? How much deep, soft sand are we looking at?

I had planned on going, but if you do not want me too, I can change my plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, I was just kidding on my remark. I have ridden with a couple of you a few years back. Look forward to the ride. I need it after this week!

Glad to see your still doing some rides..Bad timing for me, I am in Talladega

I'm out.

Can't make this one. It's our anniversary and we've got a full day planned. Have fun and be safe guys.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It was good riding with you guys. Hope everyone made it home OK. I'm having a cold beer on the porch. Why do they taste better after a good ride? More research is necessary.

Steve

It was good riding with you guys. Hope everyone made it home OK. I'm having a cold beer on the porch. Why do they taste better after a good ride? More research is necessary.

Steve

Yes it was great riding with you all. Hope the guy on the yz250f is ok. William, thanks for leading us around, had a great time. See your u guys next to time

Got home fine as well. David is ok. Scraped elbow, totally ruined handlebars. He was looking at getting done other ones anyway.

Oh, and his YZ is safe at home. The WR250R ate it today. ;)

Sorry I missed it. Other plans took priority. Hope to make the next one.

Back