TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Board Administration > Need Help? Got any Comments or Suggestions? > Enhanced Site Features

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

User Selectable Favorite Smiles

Description:

This feature allows users to select up to 15 smilies as their favorites. Whenever the user is in the Quick Reply editor or in the full message editor, their favorite smilies will be at the top of the list of smilies. The rest of the smilies can still be accessed as usual by clicking the "More" link in the smilies box.

Instructions:

There are two ways to access the screen to set your favorite smilies.

First:

USER CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Favorite Smiles

Check the box next to the 15 you want to display in the editor screens and hit save.

Second:

While in the message editor screen, click the gold smiling star just above the smilies box. This will take you to the screen where you can chose your favorites.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)

Re: User Selectable Favorite Smiles

Cool!

Now, can we get 287 favorite smilies?
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
buck000

Thx, TM...

Chris Martenson Crash Course - Worth viewing.
buck000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
wonder91178

Cool! We have this feature over at ClubAV.

Any chance we could get the strikethrough code enabled ([s][/s])?

Burleson Mafia - Capo Famiglia

On bike hiatus...
wonder91178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder91178 View Post
Any chance we could get the strikethrough code enabled ([s][/s])?

I'll look into it

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

Wow, I luv this hack Scott!
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

So what about the thread/forum ignore hacks? I've seen no comments about them and I thought for sure there would be some folks thrilled to have those

Quote:

Old 04-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #8
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

I didn't see that one yet...
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
wonder91178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
So what about the thread/forum ignore hacks? I've seen no comments about them and I thought for sure there would be some folks thrilled to have those
I've never really used the ignore options on any forum....I tend to just go on past things I am not interested in reading.

Burleson Mafia - Capo Famiglia

On bike hiatus...
wonder91178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Hmmm - maybe it works? I selected the "Board Administration" forum to ignore...
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
CycleCat

I *LIKE* this feature!
A red Guzzi & a blue Ducati
CycleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
Chirpy

Sweet!!

So I'm looking through the Constitution, trying to figure out where the Congress has the power to regulate light bulbs...
Chirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Chris, I was thinking of you when I picked this feature

Quote:

Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #14
CycleCat

Yeah... I know... me and all my custom smiley requests early on. I need more of the disgruntled and smart-alecky smileys near the top!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #15
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Well, I am sorry to say this mod had to be uninstalled. It appears there is a security vulnerability. I don't know if there is any planned update to fix this. So unless that happens, it is gone for now. Bummer... I really like this one!!

Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #16
CycleCat

I just went to make another post and thought... WHAT THE HECK?! These aren't *MY* smileys! Then I saw this post.

Bummer.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #17
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Hehe,... I knew you weren't going to like this. I am trying to find some info on what the vulnerability might be and how serious it is. The notice from the developer did not go into details. As he does not get paid for the hack, it may not be high on his list of priorities to get it fixed It is a popular hack though, so hopefully either he or someone else will get it right.

Quote:

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #18
Wolverine

Could you eliminate the suicide smiley? It makes me and I'm sure a few others a little uncomfortable. There is too much of the real thing happening lately. Thanks from the n.n.t.noob.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote