• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Giant Loop Great Basin Nock-off?

BADTEX

Reaction score
First Name
STEVEN
I have been nocking around an idea (that I read about, not my idea) about making a "Giant Loop Great Basin" out of a pair of pants. :ponder:
I just thought that maybe someone here may have done this???? Anyone???:giveup: If so what did you make it out of? Who did you water prof it?
I'm on major money lock down because of job lay-off, have one now but don't have the $379 for the real thing. I couldn't even afford it if it was $100 right now.:headbang:
So been thinking that I would get a pair of XXXL cargo pants, spray them with some kind of rubberize to make them some what water prof and strap it on.
What do you guys think? CRAZY! :loco:YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! :rofl::rofl:

Did you consider a pair of canvas waders? I have a Giant Loop Great Basin I bought used. There are a number of features the designers left out, most incorporated into the Nomad Rider series of cantle bags. I have to admit that the thing is tough and very, very yellow.

Did you consider a pair of canvas waders? I have a Giant Loop Great Basin I bought used. There are a number of features the designers left out, most incorporated into the Nomad Rider series of cantle bags. I have to admit that the thing is tough and very, very yellow.

Good idea. You could get a good waterproof zipper to seal up the waist. Or do the dry bag roll and fold with buckles. I think I would cut the boots off though. :ponder:

Good idea. You could get a good waterproof zipper to seal up the waist. Or do the dry bag roll and fold with buckles. I think I would cut the boots off though. :ponder:

Like the roll and fold idea. It would easily work with chest high waders and be easier than sewing. Maybe a craig's list add or a post on a hunting forum would turn up a pair with a damaged boot for nothing more than the cost of shipping.

No, no, leave the wader boots on and tie them to the passenger foot pegs. That way it looks like you are hauling someone's lower torso. Imagine the funny looks (and screaming kids)!

No, no, leave the wader boots on and tie them to the passenger foot pegs. That way it looks like you are hauling someone's lower torso. Imagine the funny looks (and screaming kids)!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I LIKE THIS!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is genuine innovation.

IMAG0397.jpg

Remember Halloween is just around the corner.:rofl:

Thats what I'm talking about!!:rofl:
Went to Army Navy store at lunch and priced some waders for $60. Also some 3XL cargo pants for $35. Then get a can off water profing.

With it all wound up there, I think the cord on the tank may just be rope, for rope's sake.

Back