• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

mr2mch/rod's dad passed on

Sending love to our friend, Rod and his family.

So sorry to hear this. We'll be praying for Rod and family for healing and strength.

Really sorry to hear this, sincere condolences to Rod, I hope his father had a good innings..

Prayers headed that way to Rod and his family. Sad to hear about this Rod. Let us know if you need anything.

Thank yall very very much for all the kind condolences..... & for your friendship. Dad had a good life overall.... turning 90 on May 15th. We threw him a party at the Texas Vets Home that was fantastic. He had a great time mingling with grand & greatgrand kids... us...his kids ... along with a sister & brother & other family.
We'll be having services at Oakcrest Funeral Home Waco on Sat aftrnoon with a short graveside at Blue Ridge east of Marlin on FM1771
(beautiful spot on a curvy FM)

Again.... thanx yall

Sorry Rod.

That is a day I dread. My Dad and I are really close and I can't imagine what life will be like without him around :zen:

90 ... wow what he must've witnessed in his lifetime. I love talking to well travelled folks like him. The yarns they can spin.

Rod, my condolences to you and family and I have so much respect for how you cared for your dad. He needed it and know that he appreciated it.

I lost my dad in 2000 to cancer. There is still a void there, but I take solace in that the time we spent together was quality time.

God speed, sir.

Its funny how some of those "dad" stories come out later in life.... I dont remember him telling us kids some things earlier in life.
Like how he was out vistin with the farmers (sales call) one day over around Marquez ... some dude in a Chevy PU pulled along side gassin it
Dad said he jus mashed the gas on that International PU (392ci I think) & watched the rearview mirror as that ol Chevy kinda faded away in the distance.........

FUN...NEY

Sorry to hear of your loss, we'll be thinking of y'all. I don't look forward to that day myself.

Its funny how some of those "dad" stories come out later in life.... I dont remember him telling us kids some things earlier in life.
Like how he was out vistin with the farmers (sales call) one day over around Marquez ... some dude in a Chevy PU pulled along side gassin it
Dad said he jus mashed the gas on that International PU (392ci I think) & watched the rearview mirror as that ol Chevy kinda faded away in the distance.........

FUN...NEY

:clap:

SMOKE risin from my fire for Rod & his family

we never get over loosin our folks butt the pain does subside some, as time goes on, turning into some fine rememberies

sw & chili

We had a nice visitation for dad yesterday eve.... many folks n family came by. Hopefully ....the heat will stay at bay today for the 6pm graveside service at Blue Ridge. At least the large oak trees will provide some welcome shade....& if theres a breeze..... the chimes we've got hung in the trees will be tinklin a tune..... sorta

Sat nite update:
We had a wonderful service in Waco... & at Blue Ridge....
The clouds kept the heat down....
There was a bit of a breeze & plenty of shade.....

Also..... Thank you so very much Mark (gravelguy) for dropping by for the graveside service. It let my family kno that our motorcycle community is a caring group.....

Thank you all
Rod

Last edited:
Back