• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: +THE OFFICIAL+ Hill country 'ROUND MOUNTAIN ROUNDUP'. 4/29--5/1

Would love to come and learn the roads in that area. Count me in. I will be bringing a toy hauler.

I'm in, as long as it doesn't end up being MotoGP weekend (21-23)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Aaron,
If the date is firm, may I suggest you create a new thread to help get the word out?

BTW, I'm most likely IN.

I'd like to come out and ride! I heard a rumor about a Junction ride around April 23rd though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to come out and ride! I heard a rumor about a Junction ride around April 23rd though.

The Texas Adventure Ride (the Junction ride) is April 20 - 23. It's not Round Mountain, but you guys are welcome to join us in Junction.

Okay, sorry for the delay.

I talked with my folks, at length, and we agree that RIGHT NOW, we've got too much going on, and not enough things checked off the list for this to be better than last year. We could do it, but it wouldn't be as good as last year, and that's the wrong direction to be going.

So as of now, the plan is to have this in october, when the nights cool off, before the time change.

The facilities will be up to speed for this to happen, also.

Y'all remember last year, before and after dinner, everyone was sitting around the pool hanging out..? Well hopefully, this fall, it'll be on the patio roof of a pavilion. That's the next thing being built, as soon as the renovations in the house are done. This year's plans also include an outdoor kitchen (at one end of the pavilion), and restrooms with showers.

Anyways, y'all stay tuned for updates.

Last edited:

I talked with my folks, at length, and we agree that RIGHT NOW, we've got too much going on, and not enough things checked off the list for this to be better than last year. We could do it, but it wouldn't be as good as last year, and that's the wrong direction to be going.

So as of now, the plan is to have this in october, when the nights cool off, before the time change.

Y'all remember last year, before and after dinner, everyone was sitting around the pool hanging out..? Well hopefully, this fall, it'll be on the patio roof of a pavilion. That's the next thing being built, as soon as the renovations in the house are done. This year's plans also include an outdoor kitchen (at one end of the pavilion), and restrooms with showers.

cool! Maybe i'll have my little tdub machine ready by then.

3072LpP.png

Hey Bud.... I sell electrical supplies. If you need electrical materials for your construction endeavors, I'd be happy to sell them to you at better than contractor pricing. I've got a store in Marble Falls. No pressure at all, but if this interests you at all PM me. I also know loads of electricians in the area if you don't have that locked down already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Is this happening Saturday, April 29th, 2017? Or was that lasts year's? I'm open 4/29-4/30 THIS year if it is.

Last edited:
I don't think it is this April, Arron is talking about pushing it to later this year, perhaps October.

I don't think it is this April, Arron is talking about pushing it to later this year, perhaps October.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up a bit. Perhaps he'll start a new thread when he gets the date sorted and post a link to the new thread here. :sun:

I'm confused. Is this happening Saturday, April 29th, 2017? Or was that lasts year's? I'm open 4/29-4/30 THIS year if it is.

I should have clarified. Yes, this post was started last year, for last year's event.

THIS YEAR'S, will be this fall.

You guys had me all excited. We live right down the road so I was trying to figure out what days I could make it and now I see this was last year. :)

You guys had me all excited. We live right down the road so I was trying to figure out what days I could make it and now I see this was last year. :)

We're gin a do it again this October. Before the time change, while the days are still long

Holy cow.... I was torn.

Do I start a new thread, or knock the dust off this one?

I've been MIA for years. Sorry folks. It all went down kinda like this.....

I was riding the XRL one day, and an older woman pulls out in front of me, realizes what she did, and stops.... I manage to get around the back of her car and the guy behind me t-bones her. I eat some dirt in the parking lot of the local used tire shop. I see an old Jeepster Commando, and fall in love. At that moment, I hated motorcycles. Sorry. Anyways, I sell the xrl, buy the commando, and spend the next 8 months working 20-50 hours a week on it. Seriously. It turned out amazing. It would do 75-80 with one finger on the steering wheel. I built an amazing Jeep. Then..... I sold the **** out of it. Then...... I bought a TJ.... and sold the **** out of that. Then, I did some extensive house additions, and renovations. Then.... Baby #2 was on the way. I decide to offset my wife's income by getting my Home Inspectors license. (Hard to do in Texas). A week before daughter #2 is born (Finley Rená), by business is launched. Since then, I've been working 40-50 hour weeks in the control tower, and building a successful home inspection business built on honesty, and not by doing favors to realtors. I'm really glad I had the financial latitude to do this, as it seems to be working.

Anyways, business has grown to the point I wanted to add a professional inspector. I had a buddy nearby that was going through a "transitional" time (divorce) and so he went to school.

He rides a KLR650. I rode his klr650. I almost didn't bring it back.

Tomorrow, (God willing) I'm going to see Mr2mch's Husky 650, and I'm pulling a trailer when I do.

In the interim, my parents have been liquidating rental property they've got scattered around the state, and dad is currently in the "paying for blueprints" stage in building the Cabana/pavilion thing. Hopefully there will be a shovel in the ground in October some time. Anyways, were talking about this I'm April/may again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191007-224236.png
    Screenshot_20191007-224236.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 180
And...he's back!

We missed ya. Jeeps are fun for sho' but they ain't bikes :rider:

I own nothing that needs wrenching on, let's ride.

That was a fun weekend and I still have a little bit of tokilla left , didn’t drink it all in Wyoming this year .

Back