• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from a PA transplant

Coop

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cooper
About two months ago we moved to Texas from SW PA, just outside of Pittsburgh. I accepted an engineer position with an airline and they relocated us out here. We bought a house in Springtown because I hate cities and would rather commute.

I am 45 and have been riding since I was 8. I currently only have a 2009 Beta Evo 300 4T trials bike and a project PE175 (in pieces for a restoration). Once we get a garage built I plan to add a few more bikes to the herd.

Just wanted to say hey.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of nice people to ride with here!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome to sunny Texas, Not to sure where springtown is, but this is the time of year when people start organizing day ride outs, so keep your eyes open and hopefully you can join one and get to meet some of us in person!!

Hope you will love it in TX..

Gary

Welcome from another southwestern PA transplant. Living in North Fort Worth for years but originally from Greene County, PA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm from SW PA as well. been here since 1991. Welcome!

I grew up in Greensburg but last lived in Acme before moving.

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Currently trying to decide if I want a dual sort I can ride singletrack on or a bigger dual sport/small adventure. I sold both a 2008 KTM 250xcf-w that I dual sported and a 2012 V-Strom 650 just before more moving. So I eventually want both again, but right now I will have to start with one bike.

I grew up in Greensburg but last lived in Acme before moving.

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Currently trying to decide if I want a dual sort I can ride singletrack on or a bigger dual sport/small adventure. I sold both a 2008 KTM 250xcf-w that I dual sported and a 2012 V-Strom 650 just before more moving. So I eventually want both again, but right now I will have to start with one bike.

:tab That is a never ending struggle... which bikes...? :-P

:tab I have a 1200 GS for highways and unpaved back roads. I have a KTM 530 EXC for unpaved back roads, rough two track, and mild single track. I WANT a KTM 300 XCW for full blown trail riding. I'm trying to convince my wife that this would be the perfect trio and I could stop there... I don't think she's buying it :wary:

:tab Of course it is all subject to change. At one time all I had was an 1150 GS. Realizing that was a monster on anything technical, I got a KLR as a "do it all" bike. Well... It CAN do almost all of it, but not real well. So then I got a V-Strom 650. Great bike, but lacking in the dirt... Then came a deal on a 1200 GS so I got rid of the Strom. The KTM landed in my lap so the KLR went away. So far, this combo works pretty well. IF I were to try to go back to one bike, the KTM 690 would be high on the list or maybe an 800 GS. As always, it just boils down to what you plan to do with the bike. I like riding the whole spectrum so no one bike will ever really work. Now if I could just figure out how to snag that 300 XCW... :ponder:

Back