• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Macro

Reaction score
I bought a macro lens for my Olympus E-M5II and took it for a test drive this afternoon. Just some random shots with very little editing.

New lens: Olympus ED 60 mm f2.8 macro

Blueberry buds - thanks Windmill

blueberrybud1-29-17-L.jpg

Mayfly - dragonfly?

mayfly1-29-17-L.jpg

Moss growing on some rocks

Moss3_1-29-17-L.jpg

Bicycle chain

bike_chain1-29-17-L.jpg

Dried seed pod

seed1-29-17-L.jpg

Need more practice time and attention to settings. Looking forward to spring with this lens.

Jennifer

I have several lens I really like because they do what they are supposed to do quite well. My macro lens is one, but it is also fun. Just putting it on and sitting by some flowers and waiting leads to bunches of opportunities.

I have several lens I really like because they do what they are supposed to do quite well. My macro lens is one, but it is also fun. Just putting it on and sitting by some flowers and waiting leads to bunches of opportunities.

Spring will be fun with this toy :)

And a spider came along while I was working on the front deck with my computer the other morning ... had to go in to get the camera and take his picture before he headed on with his day.

P4070509-L.jpg

I've been out playing again. Have found that it is really difficult to use the macro when the cats are bumping against what you are trying to shoot :nono: or when even the slightest breeze moves the object out of focus.

Bought a little tripod and have found that it helps some.

P9020440-L.jpg

P9030466-L.jpg

These water droplets were so tiny on the grass this morning, getting focus took a lot of practice.
P9030483-L.jpg

There were some itty bitty mushrooms growing along the base of the cabin.
P9020421-L.jpg

Jennifer

Nice. I had the German Shepherd puppy take interest in the weed/flower I was shooting this morning. That meant I had to go find another flower...

If you get super serious, a cable release can help with tripod shots. I'll use a two second timer on mine. Since your camera is mirrorless you don't have to deal with the vibrations of the mirror flipping up, but you can still get some vibes from your hand pressing the shutter. With a tripod you can start shooting pictures of stars, or long exposures of running water, like creeks.

Nice. I had the German Shepherd puppy take interest in the weed/flower I was shooting this morning. That meant I had to go find another flower...

If you get super serious, a cable release can help with tripod shots. I'll use a two second timer on mine. Since your camera is mirrorless you don't have to deal with the vibrations of the mirror flipping up, but you can still get some vibes from your hand pressing the shutter. With a tripod you can start shooting pictures of stars, or long exposures of running water, like creeks.

Yeah, the cats usually try to help on my little photo expeditions around the woods and sometimes tromp on what I am trying to take a picture of. ;-)

I have thought about a trigger, may need to be one of my next purchases.

Back