• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short tour to visit my kids, with a stop at COTA on the way home

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Dietrich
I took a short tour to visit my kids at their Universities, and made a side trip to Austin to catch the race. The Multi took me in comfort about 600 miles round trip for a perfect weekend. Thought I would share some pics.

Short stop in Hallettsville
IMG_3827_zps0mo5ymfe.jpg

IMG_3829_zpsx81a7cs3.jpg

The Spoetzl Brewery. :chug:
IMG_3840_zps7v3dx17y.jpg

Spent a day with my youngest daughter at UTSA in San Antonio. Go Roadrunners!
IMG_3842_zpssxawpch5.jpg

IMG_3846_zpsf1dut5vj.jpg

IMG_3849_zpsocvnzxli.jpg

Caught up with my oldest daughter in Gruene. She is wrapping up at Texas State in San Marcos.
IMG_3859_zpsateua9md.jpg

I finally got to relax with a Shiner! Mostly just happy to spend some time with my girls.
IMG_3861_zps9bqszhvv.jpg

The race was awesome. Took me about a hundred shots to get only a few keepers. They were hauling the mail exiting turn 2. I camped out there in a portable chair. I bought a general admission pass and really enjoyed taking in the view from several locations.
IMG_3944_zpspafkpj5y.jpg

IMG_3959_zpsasix2hci.jpg

IMG_3968_zpsiugtlprr.jpg

I had not planned on attending the race, but the weather was perfect, and I was only an hour away. Free bike parking is hard to beat.
IMG_3975_zpsd7nz1vsg.jpg

The love bugs were brutal on the ride home. Three stops just to clear the screen and helmet visor.:-|

Good lookin' kids with great smiles... they look happy. You should be extra proud.

Fun day at the GP races too. What else can you ask for?

Awesome shots, and great school UTSA. Go Roadrunners! meep meep

They are undoubtedly your kids. They look just like you!
Looks like a great trip. Thanks for the pics.

Be well.

Back