• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

little Nascar

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
For a sport already suffering low attendance this will hurt. No Gordon, Edwards, and Stewart already.

Wish him well!

Now back to 2 wheels!:rider:

Attachments

• C-Qt8WuXUAAQ5Sc.jpg-large.jpg
    C-Qt8WuXUAAQ5Sc.jpg-large.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 123
Wise decision on his part. I'm sure the docs told him that another knock on the noggin like that big one might have him babbling like a baby. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't want to be a repeat of his father.

I'm sure he'll stay around in the sport in one way or another. The network would be stupid to not use him as a color commentator. I'd rather listen to him than Gordon any day.

But, you're right about the diminishing audience. I came up in the day of Dale Sr and the like, and nowadays it's nothing but young kids whose parents started them in go-carts when they were five years old. If that's what NASCAR thinks its audience wants, then NASCAR will reap the rewards, or the lack thereof.

mbsz1QZEoauHdu6MMsB--C-7YnohcRmjm3ODzKxROkn1WT4empCwIP63N-JlkuZdQnrMNK7jx_a4ilMBSmp=w983-h639-no.jpg

My opinion is they have gotten too big for their britches.
There was massive growth in market share, viewership and attendance and they capitalized on that. Like any for-profit would. I don't fault them for that. But since ticket sales have dropped off, tracks are filling only half the grandstands...they could be doing more to get attendance back up.
Signing on Monster Energy appeals to an even younger crowd, but it will bring them the more "festival-like" event that attracts a wider circle than just die-hard motorsports fans.
Some might consider this "festival-like" event akin to a circus, but from what I understand, races in the past were preceded by stunt shows on the track.

For me, dropping ticket prices would get me back to the grandstands more often. TMS is a premiere track right next to 7 million people and driving distance for twice that many. I don't see a product problem as much as I see a marketing problem.

Good luck to Dale Jr. He is wrapping up a fine driving career and as stated, will likely continue to be fully involved in the sport.

The racing's contrived & the cars are held to such a ridiculously tight rule book that basically you're watching a spec series.

They need to take a few leafs from the V8 Supercar book, best tin-top racing bar none.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0heWEw-2M8"]Highlights - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - YouTube[/ame]

Back