• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

They're jealous, I say!

archrough

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Raising the dead! I'm getting a 1971 Honda CT90 back into street/trail running condition after my ex/daughter-in-law left it outside for years for the elements and her overgrown canines to destroy. I'm having to replace every piece of rubber and/or plastic that can be chewed through, including the tires! My mistake for thinking it would actually stay in MY garage where I put it for storage while away on business. :doh:

I use to love to ride the bike through the Rocky Mountains from 6000-10000 feet without missing a beat. Here in New Braunfels, with loads of oxygen, it should really 'scream.'

I've had various motorcycles since I was 12 (now I'm 50) and had about every size, shape, and horsepower ever not needed. I really don't know why I survived my teens on a Kawasaki triple that handlebars would shake at speeds above 85 mph.

I'm much mellower now, just looking for a 'fun little ride' with great gas mileage. My neighbors stare at my little bike in my garage as I tinker away amazed that a grown man would ride such a 'toy.' Really, they must be jealous , I say.

Thanks for letting me join. This seems like it will be a great group.

Ed (aka Archrough)

New Braunfels, Home of the Worlds largest water park (which I never have gone to!)

woo ive been there once, galveston just got one so i need to head down there since im closer, but plan to be in new braunfels during the summe

The toobing in New Braunfels is the Real fun. The Guadalupe and Comal rivers are long, cool, and scattered with the most beautiful scenery ever (including women!) You have to try it at least once in a lifetime, it is memorable.
Since I lost everything due to a recent catastrophe I have to work 70-80 hours a week just to put food on the table and I think my days of toobing are long gone. I'll just drive by with my Honda CT90, honk, and really impress the ladies (a little tongue in cheek humor.)

Ed (aka Archrough)

Welcome to the site Ed. There are other TWT folks in your area and they recently did a bike night. Not sure if they are trying to make it a regular meet or not. Keep an eye on the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum just in case ;-)

+1 for toobing on the Comal in New Braunfels. I spent about 4 hours on the river yesterday. It was some much needed relaxation.

Welcome to the site. Be safe and enjoy it out there.

Back