• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to the board, new again to bikes

Winchster

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Rucker
Just bought a XR650L, hope that isn't a dirty word around here, and I now use it as my primary source of transportation. I'm a construction worker in the DFW area, pretty good wrench turner on four wheels, just getting my feet wet with two though. I like hot rods, Nascar, and have fallen in love all over again with bikes. I rode dirt bikes growing up, but I haven't been on one in 15 years, decided $80.00 a week in fuel was too much and dove back in with a brand new DS. Hope this helps, like the forum and hope to meet some of ya'll.

Steve

Just bought a XR650L, hope that isn't a dirty word around here

:tab Because it is a DS or because it is not a KLR? :lol2: Welcome to the site and back to riding! Tons of DS folks on the site so you will fit right in. Check the Upcoming Events forum as the DFW folks have quite a few regular bike nights.

Welcome. Whatever bike you enjoy riding is a good bike. And I have to ask, do you have any pics of that 49 online anywhere?

"Because it is a DS or because it is not a KLR?"
Cause it is not a KLR. Its a BRP. :lol2:

I don't have any pics of the '49 online, I haven't been working on it in a long time, so it's just in primer. It is running and road worthy just not real pretty. I will see about getting some pics taken, may just be with my phone, but I'll give it a shot if I get a chance.

Winchster said:
Just bought a XR650L, hope that isn't a dirty word around here,
Oh it IS a dirty word - but those KLR/KTM/XR/XT crazies love dirty anything!
You be speakin' their language!

:welcome: to the forum

Back