• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello-New Member from Spring, TX !!!!

Reaction score
Hi, I Just found your site, One of the guys that went on the last Clayton OK ride posted pics on the KLX yahoo group which brought me here! Excellent. I live off Kuykendahl and 2920 in Spring. I have a 93 KLX-650 and want to start exploring some. I have always been a motocrosser and have a 2002 KX250 I ride with friends at 3palms and other tracks. The klx is the first street legal bike I have owned. Im 39 and an aircraft mechanic for Continental. Hope to meet some of you all soon and RIDE! Dave

Hey Dave! It 'twas me...Chris. Glad to see you here on TWT! I can't recall if I mentioned that I'm a Houston based Continental 737 pilot last time we chatted on the 'net.

Hi, and thanks. Im going to try and find a bag to put on the rear of my klx next and put a few tools and gear in so I will feel more comfortable getting out of town on the bike. Im used to being at the track with my kx and my truck with tools and everything. Im gona start looking into a gps unit. Is it possible to get one around $200 or less? Reccomendations? Not ready to buy a megabuck one. Chris- did we chat on the yahoo klx site? R you sure it was me? :) Im at work now at Bush, just started rainin like ****. 5:30am , 2 hours left and go home and sleep all day. Later, Dave

Welcome Dave, I am over in your neck of the woods. I live at Kuykendahl and Dowdell at Creekside Place, I will keep a eye out for you. I ride to work daily on my KLR, we need to get together sometime for a ride. Let's see some pic's of the KLX.

Hey Bryan and Chris, Im in springbrook just south of 2920. Im off work from thur mornings til sunday night. I work 4 ten hr nights. This week doesnt look good between the weather and I will have my daughter this weekend. The following weekend jun 9-11 I should be up for a few hour or day trip. Ck with you a little later. If I see yall on the rd I will chase you down! My bike runs good. Dave

I am on Spring Cypress and Champion Forest and like to tag along when the guys let me. Usually I can get away for a whole day once a month. One of these days I am going to take up Chris' offer of a weekday ride.

Hi Georgia, how do you like the BMW, I had to look it up on their site to figure out what it was, not familiar with beemers. Looks pretty cool. Dave

suprdaveklx said:
Hi, and thanks. Im going to try and find a bag to put on the rear of my klx next and put a few tools and gear in so I will feel more comfortable getting out of town on the bike. Im used to being at the track with my kx and my truck with tools and everything. Im gona start looking into a gps unit. Is it possible to get one around $200 or less? Reccomendations? Not ready to buy a megabuck one. Chris- did we chat on the yahoo klx site? R you sure it was me? :) Im at work now at Bush, just started rainin like ****. 5:30am , 2 hours left and go home and sleep all day. Later, Dave

Welcome to the site. You are right about adding tools and gear. Now you are an adventure rider, you never know how far away from home you will get and what will happen when you get there. It is best to be prepared.

Regarding the GPS, I got one for about $200 and really like it. I thought I did not need a GPS so I decided to go cheap to "get my feet wet". I bought the Lawrence 100M for about $190. It came with a RAM mount plus 5 CDs of maps. It also has turn by turn voice directions. The only drawback is it is monochrome screen. It is hard to tell a creek from a road. It did show most of the trails that we rode in recent trips to Oklahoma and Arkansas, which suprised me. Overall, I'm real happy with it.

Steve

suprdaveklx, welcome. There are several of us in the area. I live 1 mile NW of I45 & 1960. I go up Kuykendahl to get to the DS dirt. I can go during the week or week ends unless I'm racing. like this week end's STORM HS. I've been wanting to take dbdolan up on the good hamburger store trip.

mcrider said:
suprdaveklx, welcome. There are several of us in the area. I live 1 mile NW of I45 & 1960. I go up Kuykendahl to get to the DS dirt. I can go during the week or week ends unless I'm racing. like this week end's STORM HS. I've been wanting to take dbdolan up on the good hamburger store trip.
Hey I am going to be free on Friday's starting next week for the next 8 weeks. Maybe we all can do a DS run soon :rider:

Hey guys, Thanks for the info and by next wk I will be ready to get out of town on a ride, fridays are good for me and every other weekend. I used to go to 3palms and ride my kx250 on fridays but my mx buddys from work with no seniority all have crappy mid week days off now and they are going on wed or thur which doesnt work for me. Anyway il do some DS with some of yall instead and go to the track by myself once in a while. Its fun to write the word ( yall ). Im from illinois but have been here since 87 with the job at Continental. :) Dave

Back