• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brake bleeding equipment

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Bleeding brakes and clutch lines is such a chore but I got around to doing it this weekend. Even found the perfect bottle to catch all the old fluid! It's sized appropriately and nicely weighted so I don't have to worry about it tipping over.

I'm either going with Speedbleeder next time or getting a good vacuum type tool. Last time I bought a cheaper plastic Mityvac that was so leaky I tossed it and have been bleeding the old fashioned way.

Attachments

• 20180708_154749_resized.jpg
    20180708_154749_resized.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 163
I think if you emptied your new catch bottle before bleeding brakes, it would have been less of a chore. [emoji6]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Even with the leakiness I have found the mighty vac a valuable tool. Works well enough to keep the dirt bike fluid fresh and the brakes tight. Back bleeding works well, but makes a mess. I have used a red cheap plastic ketchup bottle (got a walmart) and a small length of hose with a zip-tie. Works well. A bunch of towels around the reservoir to catch the spill. Might be careful around any painted surfaces and hose it down with brake cleaner afterward.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYN0JFA/?tag=twowhetex-20

I like the Motul 600 stuff. I have yet to boil it on my rear brake (common occurrence with the small reservoir on the dirt bikes). Especially if you are a rear brake dragger.

Last edited:
I swear by Speedbleeders, anything else is too much set up work. Hose, bottle and wrench. Fluid and a #2 up top has it done in short order.

Back