• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Don't think I'll do this!

Looks like the Road of Death in Bolivia.

1408540580341_wps_1_Pic_By_HotSpot_Media_MOST.jpg

Gotta start somewhere!

Attachments

• DSSh3iQXcAA1Y4Y.jpg-large.jpg
    DSSh3iQXcAA1Y4Y.jpg-large.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 182
Snow? Thought it was exposed rock.

It does look like the same Bolivia shot.

It is snow. Elevation is around 15,000 ft. We stayed in La Paz for three days at 13,000 ft and had to travel up to get to the Road of Death. The main use now-a-days is tourism. Several companies offer services where they take relatively inexperienced bicycle riders up to the top where they can coast down (roughly 45 miles) at break neck speeds, then they pick them up at the bottom ... literally! :-)

There is a road that bypasses the road of death for commercial and through traffic, so there isn't as much trying to squeeze by as there used to be.

Remember when they used to sell bicycles made up to look like motorcycles? We spent hours pretending to ride before we finally got motorcycles of our own. I even asked my mom to sew an old BSA patch onto the back of my denim jacket.

Yes, you I mean we are old timers,:lol2: Did anyone put playing cards held with clothes pins to make noise on spokes? Heard they are going to do that on electric M/C's

Last edited:
That sinking feeling.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515620903206.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515620903206.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 181
Years ago, riding out of Kelly's Pond, there was a hole that always had water in it where 3 trails intersected. I attempted to wheelie over it on my 650R and the front end made it to the other side, but the back end sunk up to the top of the rear fender. Fortunately, I was able to walk it out. Learned my lesson about unknown mudholes (again) that day.

All your Duc's in a row

Attachments

• DTSZtoUWAAA7jbY.jpg-large.jpg
    DTSZtoUWAAA7jbY.jpg-large.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 185
Yes, you I mean we are old timers,:lol2: Did anyone put playing cards held with clothes pins to make noise on spokes? Heard they are going to do that on electric M/C's

Yes Sir, sure did. We was BAD!:rider:

:duck:

Attachments

• 26815327_1339245369512787_8754780702367846841_n.jpg
    26815327_1339245369512787_8754780702367846841_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 175
Years ago, riding out of Kelly's Pond, there was a hole that always had water in it where 3 trails intersected. I attempted to wheelie over it on my 650R and the front end made it to the other side, but the back end sunk up to the top of the rear fender. Fortunately, I was able to walk it out. Learned my lesson about unknown mudholes (again) that day.

Man, I HATE mud. Sand, gravel, rocks, water where I can see the bottom, but no MUD! I HATE MUD. I was riding with JMZ, BWDMax and 4JRanch north of Victoria and we came across this flooded road. When swimming about 50 yards in.

Man, I HATE mud. Sand, gravel, rocks, water where I can see the bottom, but no MUD! I HATE MUD. I was riding with JMZ, BWDMax and 4JRanch north of Victoria and we came across this flooded road. When swimming about 50 yards in.

Now your blaming it on mud ? :rofl: Those were perch coming out of your helmet not mudcats . :duck:

Now your blaming it on mud ? :rofl: Those were perch coming out of your helmet not mudcats . :duck:

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire You know as well as I do that that water was at least six inches deep!:rofl:

To be fair I didn’t notice any fish, but there was plenty of water coming out of the helmet when you stood up. The hole that took you by surprise was at least six inches deeper than the rest of the water. I only wish I could have gotten a picture:photo: before you stood up.
I was just looking at that area on the map last week and I noticed a couple roads I don’t think I have ever explored. They may be private I’m going to check them out when I get some good weather.

To be fair I didn’t notice any fish, but there was plenty of water coming out of the helmet when you stood up. The hole that took you by surprise was at least six inches deeper than the rest of the water. I only wish I could have gotten a picture:photo: before you stood up.
I was just looking at that area on the map last week and I noticed a couple roads I don’t think I have ever explored. They may be private I’m going to check them out when I get some good weather.

LOL. I never had water IN my helmet before. That was a hoot. "There's a rut out there and I'm going to find it."

When you're ready to ride those new roads, let us know. Shoot, let us know when you're ready to ride the old ones. I bet it is going to take JMZ more than one kick to start the R now.

Hey Mike! Is the Admiral working today?

Yea, the only that that stops her is running out of gas. She's on 18 now. BTW, the overpasses around the med center are starting to get some slurry on them. Take care!

Back to the regularly scheduled Interesting programming...

Last edited:
Never thought of this

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_af.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_af.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 166
I bet it is going to take JMZ more than one kick to start the R now.

Funny you say that. I started it for the first time in quite a while Sunday afternoon. It took me a lots of kicks.i was about to give up when it stated to fire a little.

Back