• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sena 20s question.

JMZ

Reaction score
First Name
MONGO
My wife says her music cuts in and out constantly . She says she can hear me good though. I don't have any problems either riding by myself or with her riding with me . Any ideas ?

Is her music coming from a phone that's bluetooth-connected to the unit? Are you listening from a separate music source?

We are both listening to our phones . We don't agree on music. LOL.

Last edited:
We are both listening to our phones . We don't agree on music. LOL.

Roger that. My wife doesn't appreciate my eclectic taste, often jumping from Jimi Hendrix to Glen Miller. :ponder:

I'm going to suggest the problem is her phone. I've had the same issue. Until recently, I was using an older Galaxy phone. On some long road trips this spring, the bluetooth connection would start cutting out occasionally, then get worse and worse over the hours. I found that booting the phone would clear it up, although the problem would gradually recur with more hours of use. I'm no expert on smart phones, but based on my IT experience, I chalk it up to memory clutter and fragmentation.

I have a newer phone now, with more memory, and haven't seen the problem since.

I'd suggest just before your next ride or trip, she boots her phone. Hope that helps.

She has a Galaxy note 5. And she has a BUNCH of ,,,,,,,,stuff on it. It's probably over loaded. Hahahaha

Without a doubt the more apps you have, the more any phone will have issues. A lot of that stuff opens when you least expect it, other apps get opened and stay open unless you specifically close them. It all clogs up memory. When you boot your phone, you're not only cleaning and defragging what was caused by your music app, you're doing the same thing for Gas Buddy, Google Maps, GPS tracking, ad infinitum.

I just went from a Galaxy 3 to a "new" Galaxy 4 this summer. New to me anyway, and memory was doubled between those models.

Good luck.

Make sure both of your Sena's are on their latest updates. Also, if her music cuts out and she hears you, your mic could be opening due to wind noise.

I asked her if I was cutting in when her music quits and she said no. I did try to update both units before we went riding yesterday evening.

first, any text message, email or other noise (facebook pop) will cause the music to drop briefly and you may not even hear the notification sound. If she has a lot of things running that have notifications, I'd suspect that.

Otherwise, check for firmware updates for both phone and sena. Clear the pairings off of both and re-pair them. That being the Sena support first response for any issues.

first, any text message, email or other noise (facebook pop) will cause the music to drop briefly and you may not even hear the notification sound. If she has a lot of things running that have notifications, I'd suspect that.

^^^^
This

Go into Notifications and manage things like facebook and text message notifications.

Also, maintaining the firmware up to date is a big plus when trying to comm between you.

Otherwise, check for firmware updates for both phone and sena. Clear the pairings off of both and re-pair them. That being the Sena support first response for any issues.

^^^^
This

Go into Notifications and manage things like facebook and text message notifications.

Also, maintaining the firmware up to date is a big plus when trying to comm between you.

ditto,if her phone has not been updated lately her blue tooth firmware level could cause conflict. I have had issue with connecting my sena to another persons older not updated sena device.

I have a couple of old Sena smh10 and they are more reliable and less wonky than my newer 10U. However, they are all fairly particular and finicky when trying to stream music from one to the other. Sometimes they work good, other times, if I cue up my wife on hers, it does not go back to streaming after our conversation. I sorta wish someone would come out with a model that is dead simple with old school toggle switches on it that just works without all the button pushing and twisting and beeping and such.

I don`t listen to that crap, I`m a rocker !

Last edited:
I don`t listen to that crap, I`m a rocker !
One trick pony huh. If you listen to Bodhisattva and can say it's not rock then you don't need a Sena cuz you're deaf. Lol

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

The connection to the other unit is bluetooth and works well between the two units on that BT software (the reason she can hear you well). The connection from her Sena to the phone ... not so much. I have a Sena 10 and when I went from Iphone to android my connection would cut out. Updated the software on the sena unit. Works fine now.

Do make sure the phone is not getting notifications for a bunch of stuff. I does dim the sound for for a second or so. Check for newer firmware on the Sena and update both yours and hers. Its pretty easy and they have a little program that does it via your PC.

My wife has the same phone and it behaves the same with the bluetooth systems in both of our cars. I think it's the phone.

So she tells me yesterday " maybe I can change the channel ". I said " what". Said her Pandora Pitbull channel cuts out while she mows the lawn also . ???

Im going to load her music from her CDs to her phone and try it like that.

Back