TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > For Sale / Wanted > Paying it Forward

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
budzrex

Free Reserved Seat Ticket

OK, I overbooked. It seems that the Lone Star Nationals Flat Track is the
same weekend as Family Weekend out our Daughters college.

Sustained marital and family bliss will be easier if I do not try to send a fill in for that weekend.

so in that vein I am wanting to give a TWT member my reserved seat ticket for the Saturday evening race. I would like the ticket to be requested by someone who really likes Flat Track or someone who has never seen a flat track race as it is truly some of the best wheel to wheel racing out there.

The Hook, you must come on the forum and post a report of your experience of the races.

Google Lone Star Nationals it is next Saturday evening and see if it peaks your interest. If so respond here then shoot me an email and as I arrive home from an out of state trip I will email the ticket to you.

Please only ask if you intend to go, not to have as a gift or resale item.
1992 RM250
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
2005 Dodge Ram

The best times in life are often behind bars
just pick horizontal ones
budzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
plugeye

Re: Free Reserved Seat Ticket

i'd take you up on this if i didnt already have a couple tickets.
nice give & sorry you'll miss out
Old 09-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
gixxerjasen

Interested, just checking with the wife to make sure I don't already have plans, but I'd planned on going anyway to check it out as I've recently started watching on TV since I lost BeIn and was starved for some motorcycle racing.
gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
fabrauer

I'm interested. I have no friends. I would happily shoot photos while there and share them with you. I'm a pretty good photographer with a great rig. Been shooting for over 40 years. I'm married but we give each other freedom to do whatever piques our interest (but we are NOT swingers!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fabrauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
budzrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
Interested, just checking with the wife to make sure I don't already have plans, but I'd planned on going anyway to check it out as I've recently started watching on TV since I lost BeIn and was starved for some motorcycle racing.
You are the first response Jasen let me know if not they go to the next in line

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
1992 RM250
2005 Dodge Ram

Old 09-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
budzrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrauer View Post
I'm interested. I have no friends. I would happily shoot photos while there and share them with you. I'm a pretty good photographer with a great rig. Been shooting for over 40 years. I'm married but we give each other freedom to do whatever piques our interest (but we are NOT swingers!)

You are next in line and yes you have friends you are on a motorcycle forum you have a world full of fellow cyclist as friends you just have mot met us all yet

1992 RM250
2005 Dodge Ram

Old 09-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #7
fabrauer

Haven't met one in person yet. I'm in Flower Mound and will ride anywhere for no reason just to get on my bike. I'm actually driving to Colorado tomorrow to pick up another bike. Vintage Trials. It has full lights and a mini sized seat so I'll be playing this one. It was too good of a deal to pass up. At least by the description, and photos. I'm probably going to stash it at my mom's house for the time being. My wife will be out of town all weekend so I don't have to explain my desire to go smell some mountain air. I'll be back before she will.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
fabrauer

Plating*

Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #9
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter

Fabruer, are you going to start riding Trials? I am in McKinney (Not that far from Flower Mound) and just bought a 2002 Gas Gas Trials bike and am looking for a few people to ride with. Last weekend I attended the Red River Hot Dog Trials event, had a great time!! Not sure I want to do any competitions but I enjoy riding and pushing myself to get better..

Gary
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #10
gixxerjasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by budzrex View Post
You are the first response Jasen let me know if not they go to the next in line

I sent you a PM earlier today. Thank you for this!
gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #11
budzrex

Ok, Gixxer boy gets the ticket.

fabrauer, Next time I head north on the bike we will ride, but in the meantime my good friend Gary will get with you on Trials when you get that bike back in town.

What type of bike and riding do you like to do?
1992 RM250
2005 Dodge Ram

Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #12
fabrauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Fabruer, are you going to start riding Trials? I am in McKinney (Not that far from Flower Mound) and just bought a 2002 Gas Gas Trials bike and am looking for a few people to ride with. Last weekend I attended the Red River Hot Dog Trials event, had a great time!! Not sure I want to do any competitions but I enjoy riding and pushing myself to get better..

Gary

Yes, they're fun to try and see what the bikes and you can do. I had a '04 Gas Gas Pro in '05 or so. I bought from a pro who was retiring from the "publicity" circuit. He and this other guy also an ex world pro were traveling to motorcycle shows to put on a show using a three story man made structure. They make it look so simple. I competed in the Texas circles that year too. As a Novice. Sucked too. Been riding bikes since 1975 at 13. Great fun and great people. I grew up staring and dreaming about the Montessas, Ossas, Bultaco and Yamaha Trials Bikes brochures of the late 70s and up to mid 80s. My favorite is the late 80s (86-87?) Honda RTL 250. 4-stroke. Two year model. There's a few in England to be had in various conditions, obviously desired by the prices. 4K to 5Kú. I have no idea how much I'd be in for in shipping / crating / taxes, etc. I sold the Pro because like everyone warned me, it was too much bike for my skill level. This is where you learn skills that makes you a better rider in all the other motorcycle sports. I'm picking up a Yamaha TL350 (2 stroke, not sure if injection or premix) in pretty good shape by the owner's ad and photos. Gold wheels. 6-speed too. Fresh top end rebuild. Drums, no disc brakes but for trials, no worries. He said he thought he might like riding trials and decided, he didn't. Everything from stock looks to be there except the license plate holder. But I haven't seen it in person yet. I'll reveal what I paid once I make a thorough inspection of what I see. I think I'll enjoy this bike more because the vintage bikes are more about crawling and I can ride it on the street (legally). The newer ones are about snapping the throttle and slapping the rear wheel onto a wall. I will say this, I was amazed how the Pro got me through obstacles just by me hanging on and maintaining my balance. I installed a "slow" throttle and it was still too "snatchie". I've heard some of the new bikes are less than 150 pounds now. This Yamaha comes set up like a dual purpose bike. Has a key ignition, signals and a small seat in comparable thinness as a custom hard tail chopper. It has a battery. It's a monoshock, so it is newer than the vintage twin shock class. I don't even know if they're allowed or not in vintage. Doesn't matter. I just bought a hitch tow bar ($140) for my Pilot and a single bike (steel) 500 pound limit carrier hitch mount with ramp, $90 both purchased on Amazon. All to bring my "score" (hopefully a good score) home. I was planning on building a tandem trailer in the next couple weeks anyways. Building it for our house's landscape work (hauling topsoil), dumping the old fence / shed and bringing in new fence materials. Then I may sell the trailer in a few months when I'm done with it.
I have a '13 KTM 990 SM-T which is my evil half. One wicked bike. And a '02 KTM SXC 620. This bike is a model that I've had such difficulty figuring which model to order from the catalog because it was a "pre" model. It's listed as an Adventurer by VIN buts it's a SXC that the parts books which says the '03 was the first year. So mine doesn't exist except to some little bookkeeping clerk / company self appointed historian in the deep gallows of the KTM castle in Austria. I'm about one week of solid work on it from a full top to bottom "going over". It will be tagged as well. I'm putting Trials tires on it since I'll be more on the street than off road.
I'll post again once I see the bike on Saturday.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
fabrauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budzrex View Post
Ok, Gixxer boy gets the ticket.

fabrauer, Next time I head north on the bike we will ride, but in the meantime my good friend Gary will get with you on Trials when you get that bike back in town.

What type of bike and riding do you like to do?

I ride it all. If I was single, I'd be a lone wolf traveling off my KTM 990 for the rest of my able days. I'd go light. I had a '07 BMW R1200GS. Great bike, beautiful ride but it wasn't for me. I'm 6' and could barely flat foot it. It was too top heavy which I didn't like as well. If I went world riding and went off road with it, I would have had issues keeping it upright because of the two aforementioned issues. It may be a tank and a trusty gear mule but reality is, I'll be fighting that beast to no enjoyment while off road. I'm all about being one with the bike, not struggling with it.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
fabrauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post

Gary

I've been riding up in Muenster for close to 40 years. The actual town closer to the park is called Bulcher.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #15
budzrex

Quote:
I've been riding up in Muenster for close to 40 years. The actual town closer to the park is called Bulcher.

I have ridden up there a few times over the years my boss has a ranch on River just a few miles from the gate
1992 RM250
2005 Dodge Ram

Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #16
fabrauer

Quote:
Yes, they're fun to try and see what the bikes and you can do. I had a '04 Gas Gas Pro in '05 or so. I bought from a pro who was retiring from the "publicity" circuit. He and this other guy also an ex world pro were traveling to motorcycle shows to put on a show using a three story man made structure. They make it look so simple. I competed in the Texas circles that year too. As a Novice. Sucked too. Been riding bikes since 1975 at 13. Great fun and great people. I grew up staring and dreaming about the Montessas, Ossas, Bultaco and Yamaha Trials Bikes brochures of the late 70s and up to mid 80s. My favorite is the late 80s (86-87?) Honda RTL 250. 4-stroke. Two year model. There's a few in England to be had in various conditions, obviously desired by the prices. 4K to 5Kú. I have no idea how much I'd be in for in shipping / crating / taxes, etc. I sold the Pro because like everyone warned me, it was too much bike for my skill level. This is where you learn skills that makes you a better rider in all the other motorcycle sports. I'm picking up a Yamaha TL350 (2 stroke, not sure if injection or premix) in pretty good shape by the owner's ad and photos. Gold wheels. 6-speed too. Fresh top end rebuild. Drums, no disc brakes but for trials, no worries. He said he thought he might like riding trials and decided, he didn't. Everything from stock looks to be there except the license plate holder. But I haven't seen it in person yet. I'll reveal what I paid once I make a thorough inspection of what I see. I think I'll enjoy this bike more because the vintage bikes are more about crawling and I can ride it on the street (legally). The newer ones are about snapping the throttle and slapping the rear wheel onto a wall. I will say this, I was amazed how the Pro got me through obstacles just by me hanging on and maintaining my balance. I installed a "slow" throttle and it was still too "snatchie". I've heard some of the new bikes are less than 150 pounds now. This Yamaha comes set up like a dual purpose bike. Has a key ignition, signals and a small seat in comparable thinness as a custom hard tail chopper. It has a battery. It's a monoshock, so it is newer than the vintage twin shock class. I don't even know if they're allowed or not in vintage. Doesn't matter. I just bought a hitch tow bar ($140) for my Pilot and a single bike (steel) 500 pound limit carrier hitch mount with ramp, $90 both purchased on Amazon. All to bring my "score" (hopefully a good score) home. I was planning on building a tandem trailer in the next couple weeks anyways. Building it for our house's landscape work (hauling topsoil), dumping the old fence / shed and bringing in new fence materials. Then I may sell the trailer in a few months when I'm done with it.
I have a '13 KTM 990 SM-T which is my evil half. One wicked bike. And a '02 KTM SXC 620. This bike is a model that I've had such difficulty figuring which model to order from the catalog because it was a "pre" model. It's listed as an Adventurer by VIN buts it's a SXC that the parts books which says the '03 was the first year. So mine doesn't exist except to some little bookkeeping clerk / company self appointed historian in the deep gallows of the KTM castle in Austria. I'm about one week of solid work on it from a full top to bottom "going over". It will be tagged as well. I'm putting Trials tires on it since I'll be more on the street than off road.
I'll post again once I see the bike on Saturday.

Well, I bought the bike, '85 Yamaha TY350. It was super clean. The transmission cases / top end was fully rebuilt. He said he bought it as a basket case. It was coated with silicone sealant around the lower case seals when he got it. Starts right up on the first kick. The carb still needs adjusting. The idle comes slow and wants to float in the upper rev range before settling. He gave me a box of extra parts and the factory service manual. He was close to my age and was a past national flat track champion twice. From what I've seen on the market for these bikes, he could have easily gotten another grand for it, easy. I paid $1500 for it. Brand new tires with all the nipples still on it. Very happy with my purchase.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #17
fabrauer

'85 Yamaha TY350

Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #18
budzrex

Nice Score