TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
tperk314

TARA DFW North September Happenings

******NEW MEETING LOCATION---SPRING CREEK BBQ---GRAPEVINE

The kids are back in school. Summer is almost over (hopefully), and we need to get back out and start riding here in the Great State of Texas again.

The first Tuesday falls on September 5. Planning on a new location for the meeting this month...just to try something different.

I have the meeting room reserved at Spring Creek BBQ, in Grapevine. The address is: 315 State Highway 114W, Grapevine, 76051. Plan on 7PM.

At this time...I don't know of any planned rides, but will check around. Chris will have his monthly ride, but I'm not sure what date he is planning yet. If you know of an upcoming ride, or would like to get a group together for one...be sure to post it here.

Hope to see you on the 5th!

******NEW MEETING LOCATION---SPRING CREEK BBQ---GRAPEVINE******
tperk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
tperk314

Re: TARA DFW North September Happenings

NOTICE...Chris has posted his next ADV ride for SUNDAY 9/10. He is still working on the trip and has asked for suggestions. This is a SUNDAY ride...to not conflict with college football Saturday. Read his post in the Upcoming Rides thread. If you haven't made one of his rides...you have missed out!
Old 08-31-2017, 04:54 PM   #3
tperk314

Don't forget the upcoming 1st Tuesday on September 5. Meeting this month at Spring Creek BBQ in Grapevine...7PM.

The following is from Chris...regarding his next ADV ride scheduled for 9/10:

"...Well, Harvey has caused rain to fall a lot the past week, and we will probably get some more before next week. I will make a call on Tuesday Sept 5th to determine the route. Sorry for the delay this week, but we really don't want a repeat of last week..."

He puts on great rides...make it if you can!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
tperk314

I went on Chris' ADV ride last week and the weather was great. Sunny & cool. It was great to finish a ride & not be soaked thru with sweat! Even fixing a flat was no big deal in the shade.

This time of year can be some of the best to ride in this area. October, November & sometimes early December are usually good weather.

I will be starting the October thread in a week or so, but we need to start riding some more and enjoying the weather. Chris usually has one ADV ride each month. I know he is planning one for October now. If you have any ideas or plans for a ride next month, be sure to let us know. We can get the word out here, and at the 1st Tuesday meeting. Remember...anyone is welcome to post or share info on this thread, and it doesn't have to be in DFW only. If you are going on a ride anywhere, and looking for someone to ride with...post it here. We have a big following.

If you aren't on our TARA DFW North rider contact list...and would like to be, just send me your info in a PM. Include as much of the following as you would like listed: name & email (required), hometown, cell#, and type bikes you ride. I will usually post everything here...but occasionally I do send out group emails.

See you
Old 09-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
tperk314

The October thread is up and running. Check it out: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115456

The only organized event that I know of remaining in September is the Redneck Ramble North on September 30 thru October 1. You can check it out at: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114897

Be sure to jump over to the October thread. See you there!