• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost Town D/S Trip

I guess everyone is too scared to comment. haha. I bet camping in these towns would be spooky.

I could see doing a modified version of that loop when the weather's cooler, like maybe November, starting at Sherwood/Stiles and using secondary roads to cut out the Monahans/Odessa/Midland part (that's the 80mph speed limit section of I-20 where much of the traffic will be running at 90 or above, not the place I'd want to be on a bike loaded with camping gear) to Barstow then looping counter-clockwise, ending back at Sherwood, or maybe peeling off after Terlingua and zigging over to Langtry (which was pretty much a ghost town when I was last thru there, in '95), down to Del Rio, maybe into MX for a while, then up to Shiner for a couple of cold ones and piles of fine German food, then ????????

Barstow may be rundown and have abandoned buildings but it is not a ghost town. There are still people living there and there is plenty of O&G traffic.

Back