• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dirt bike training

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
I have been riding dirt for more than 30 years and consider myself to be an advanced rider (my wife and daughters are also very good, we just completed an amazing 3500 mile DS ride covering parts of the TAT, COBDR, UTBDR, CDR, trails that we found across Wyoming, etc) as I believe you are never to old to learn something new and I think it would be a fun thing to do as a family (my daughters are 16 & 18 and ride CRF250X's and are very competant) I am trying to find an intermediate to advanced level off-road training course that we could enroll in to enhance our skills. I can see lots of road rider training courses for all levels, but haven't found any off-road rider training course!! Does anyone know of any off-road rider training courses in the North Texas area (within 200 miles of Dallas) that I could look at?

Thanks Gary

Having ridden many miles with you, I would say that finding someone who is going to teach you any new tricks is a tall order. Still, I understand your point and wait to see what you find and how it works for you.

m
:popcorn:

I've been wanting to take Shane Watt's Dirtwise school. Have read some good reviews and the skill level taught matches what you're looking for. You missed a Feb class in Denton and I just read he's moving back to Oz so not sure if school continues in the states or not. He was never the sole or even main instructor anyway.

http://shanewatts.com/

_

Thanks guys, have sent an email to Brad and will try to contact Shane.

Regards Gary

Here is a fella from up by Norman, OK that does very well, there is a upcoming class Oct 2nd - 4th.

https://billdragoo.com/training/

I want to take this class but I think I am retiring that weekend and I will be a month with out a payday so I had better wait for the next one

Back