• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Estes Park, CO great roads to ride dirt bike

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
I just spent some time riding in Estes Park area and I would like to recommend 3 roads to ride.

South of Estes about 14 miles is Pierson Park Rd http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=HGR221-111

Was very entertaining. Also Colorado road 119 which branches off Pierson Park Rd. No water crossings but fairly technical with rocks/ruts/bumps and a lot of elevation changes. Mainly first gear riding and really watching your path through the challenges.

Pole Hill Rd east of Estes about mile mark 4 off of Highway 36. Very entertaining and challenging. Lots of elevation change, big rocks/ruts. All first gear on really picking your path through the challenges. No water crossings. Lots of elevation changes and side roads to take.

Storm Mountain Rd. Dry Gulch Rd (43) just west of highway 34 (east of Estes Park) This is a dirt road that is smooth enough for 2 wheel drive cars so it is just fun and beautiful ride. I took it up (fairly steep) to the top of the mountain (about 8 miles) it continues farther but I didn't go any farther.

These are the roads I would recommend if you are in the area.
:zen:

Last edited:
Added to my wish list. Thanks!

Back