• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

Ian booked our room today and I’ve blocked my schedule!

Can’t wait, went out there in August(; looking forward to being able to stay out all day!

It’s Me! Finally got my **** together and got on the forum. Can’t wait to be more active in the Dual Sport/Adventure TX community.

What’s the hotel recommended for this event? Do groups start from around the same place or it varies? Newbie here.

Most everyone stays in or around Terlingua or Study Butte. There's Chisos Mining Co, Big Bend Resort, or El Dorado. Or a bunch of places to camp. It's possible to stay further out - but if you're joining a group, they pretty much all meet up at the 118/170 junction for re-fueling each morning. It's a lotta cold, early miles to stay outside this immediate area...

Registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check is in the mail...literally. I have a reservation made at the hotel. I have the time off requested at work.

It will be the first trip for my newly acquired Honda CRF250 (2017). I am ready to really check it out.

I might be interested in ride sharing/car pooling if anyone is coming from the San Angelo area.

Registered. Excited to camp out in the desert for a few days. Will be trucking the DR650 & DR200 out from atx :rider:

Check is in the mail...literally. I have a reservation made at the hotel. I have the time off requested at work.

It will be the first trip for my newly acquired Honda CRF250 (2017). I am ready to really check it out.

I might be interested in ride sharing/car pooling if anyone is coming from the San Angelo area.

:thumb:

Just so you know, depending on where you camp you can be up to an hour ride away from Study Butte.

I know, I will probly be in the Chisos Basin Campground. I can camp there for $7 a night ( I have a handicap Access Pass which is good for 1/2 price camping in all national parks and parklands) And I don't mind a little ride.

Its been awhile since this gringo has been to BB, and a long time since riding there. In!

I will arrange the nuts and bolts stuff (payment etc)towards the end of the month. Thanks Richard!

I am planning to attend this BIg Bend ride. I am from Norman Ok and not sure if I know anyone else attending. I did MexTrek in October so I might know some of you (but not by your profile names....). I was the guy from Oklahoma on the CB500x at MexTrek

Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing Big Bend and meeting more TWT folks

John joyce
Plainfast
2013 CB500X

You'll find out we're very welcoming. I didn't know anyone when I first got on this forum and now some wish they didn't know me!

Find out where the Starlight Theater is and you'll meet a lot of us. No one here judges (unless you ride a KTM).

Its been awhile since this gringo has been to BB, and a long time since riding there. In!

I will arrange the nuts and bolts stuff (payment etc)towards the end of the month. Thanks Richard!

:ponder:

Is there a source to rent a bike in the Terlingua area?
I have a friend that may be interested in coming from overseas.

Last edited:
The first beer is on me...

20180224_194530-M.jpg

Is there a source to rent a bike in the Terlingua area?
I have a friend that may be interested in coming from overseas.

I don't think so. For several years there was a guy who came out in the winter and rented bikes but he stopped doing that a few years ago. Since then I don't know of any rentals in the Big Bend region.

I'll drop by, we were the couple that stayed in the trailer at your place last New Years as we were coming up out of Mexico. Olivia won't be there as she has a job. I'll be visiting a bit with Jay too.

I'll drop by, we were the couple that stayed in the trailer at your place last New Years as we were coming up out of Mexico. Olivia won't be there as she has a job. I'll be visiting a bit with Jay too.

Sounds good. Jay is staying at Study Butte RV now in the trailer we loaned him.

Robert

Back