• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody familiar with the Yamaha XTZ 750?

Reaction score
Saw this on the website for a local bike dealer. Unfortunately they don't have any details about the bike's specs...

XTZ 750

I know, I know, I could go look it up, but I figured I'd rather start a conversation on it.

Wow, wander how that got here! I don't think the Tenere's were ever sold here (in the states), just the XT650's, and only for a short while. Wish I had the money to snatch that one up!

Ah sorry, just saw where it came from.

Check this guy out, he did a lot of touring on an older one:
http://www.coolkarim.freeuk.com/

I saw one in Telluride Colorado a few years ago. Very cool bike.

They're prices are a little ridiculous, I looked at some bikes there before I bought my Sprint last May when I was working in Dallas. They still have the Honda CBR1000F listed that I was considering past April.

I have never have seen one of those Yamaha's, I do see a few TDM 850's running around. I have no idea what that bike would actually be worth here. Parts wise, it may or may not be a difficult to get parts for, not knowing what other models it might share components with. Reliability wise, it's a Yamaha and should be pretty solid if it was treated fairly well. Might be worth considering, but I myself wouldn't pay that much for it, but then I have been known to be cheap :mrgreen:

Yea, in this case, there is no 'book value', so it's worth what a given consumer will pay. Since they aren't available in the states, it's not like you could choose between a few for the best deal, or even wait 'till another comes along. For me, although I am cheap, would be willing to pay for something like this, as I have a thing for rare and unique items. When I was in high school, I considered a '72 Lotus Europa...

As far as parts go, I'm sure many from the older XT600 dual sport will fit, the problem would be finding which ones. Other parts may have to be ordered elsewhere (like Europe, they are very popular there). I don't think I'd use it as my daily driver....

Check out this thread for some info:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1488

Some highlights:

"100 pounds lighter than R1100GS"

"five valves/cylinder developing 75 hp"

"It compares more favorably with the F650GS, where it is at least as competant (except in braking)"

"The frame is of Deltabox contruction using a monoshock on dual-sided swingarm."

"Many of the parts are interchangable with the TDM850, a bike that was marketed here; those parts are available from dealers"

"Compared to the vastly popular KLR, it and the Tenere (TEN- ray) are large-displacement water-cooled dual-sports with big fuel tanks, while the Ten has about 30 additional HP and 50 extra pounds."

If you can get it for a better price than listed, and it is not extremely tall for you, I'd snatch it up :dude:

Back