• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Rider from Houston

Reaction score
Howdy. I'm new to riding and love it. My first bike is a 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750, which I am in the process of turning into a cafe racer. Got M-bars and am cobbling together some home made rear sets using a flipped T150 shifter and a shortened break lever with a foot peg welded to the bolt.

Here is a couple pictures of my bike and a short video of me kicking it:

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

th_MVI_0329.jpg

Welcome aboard! Are you ACTUALLY going to race it or just set it up as though you were? Its such a beauty, it would be a shame to wad it up on a track[IMHO]. Either way, keep the shinny side up!

Welcome aboard! Are you ACTUALLY going to race it or just set it up as though you were? Its such a beauty, it would be a shame to wad it up on a track[IMHO]. Either way, keep the shinny side up!

Not going to actually race it. Just setting it up in the Cafe' racer style.

This is my first bike, ever, and I've only been riding for a few months. I ride very conservatively. (except I do like to jump the speed humps in my buddies' neighborhoods) I took the safety training course before I ever got on the bike and still stick to riding by the book, the way they taught me.

I'm really into old European bikes, mostly British, but love BMWs and Italian bikes from the 50 and 60 as well.

Got some Norman Hyde M-Bars and put them on. I dig em'. I feel speedier...

(Wow, I just noticed the before and after on the rug I park my bike on... Oh, well she's 35 and allowed to leak a little oil. I just add more. Helps keep things fresh.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG