• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from a Scotsman in Houston

Reaction score
Hi folks. Have been here for 5 weeks now and have not had opportunity to sort myself a bike yet. Before leaving Scotland (just South of Aberdeen), I sold off my pair of CBR600's as it seemed a lot of hassle to export bikes to Texas. I had one prepared for the track(days) and one for the road which was primarily used for the 70 mile round trip commute to my work on some of the most fantastic bendy roads.
I plan on visiting MSR and see what the track looks like and how the track days work here. I don't think I want a road bike as I have an aversion to straight roads and whilst I am sure there are plenty in Texas, I have not come across any yet.
Anyway, great to be here and the site looks great.

:welcome: to the forum!

I sold off my pair of CBR600's as it seemed a lot of hassle to export bikes to Texas.

Probably a good idea since you would have had to get them adjusted for riding on the right side of the road instead of the left. :eek2: I have heard that it can be very expensive... ;-)

Just kidding of course. There are some interesting roads here but, after looking at a recent ride report by 3 TWTers that rented bikes in Scotland, you won't find anything like that close by. However, the USA has good stuff in other states plus areas like Big Bend are very unusual as well as good riding.

Enjoy & welcome to Texas. :sun:

:welcome: from Katy! Come on out on Wednesday to Katy Bike Night. I'm not sure if we'll be there but there's usally a group of loyal empanada eaters. :eat:

Welcome. If you wanna look at some old Brit bikes, come out to the Dark Horse Tavern on Washington this Sunday, November 2nd. There is a Brit bike swap meet going on, plus some hot rods, food and some music.

Andrew

Yea, OK, I'm: German, Czech, English, and, like Davie Crockett said, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."

Hi folks. Have been here for 5 weeks now and have not had opportunity to sort myself a bike yet. Before leaving Scotland (just South of Aberdeen), I sold off my pair of CBR600's as it seemed a lot of hassle to export bikes to Texas. I had one prepared for the track(days) and one for the road which was primarily used for the 70 mile round trip commute to my work on some of the most fantastic bendy roads.
I plan on visiting MSR and see what the track looks like and how the track days work here. I don't think I want a road bike as I have an aversion to straight roads and whilst I am sure there are plenty in Texas, I have not come across any yet.
Anyway, great to be here and the site looks great.

Do not let the handle fool ya. I grew up in KittyBrewster. Left back in 1992 for Calgary (hence the handle). On my second rotation thru Houston been here 2 years this hitch.

Only one rule for us Scotties here.
Just keep reminding these Texans that us Scotties invented the modern world so they should just say Thank You and be on their way :rofl:

Case in point
IMG.jpg

If you are feeling a little hame sick, read here.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32263

Maybe Burns Night might not be a solo event next year :party:

:welcome:
Japanese/German here! 7th Generation Texan who happens to LOVE the Scottish accent! It's so LYRICAL!!!! When can I come & just listen to you TALK?:lol2:

Back