Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #42
billie

Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

New MemberIowa Park TX. CVMA, Vet
billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #43
clarkgriswold

I just found this forum this month when poking around the internets.

Sold my bike on the forum- donated- thanks!
clarkgriswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #44
Joost
User's account inactive by request
Forum Supporter

Timbercat,
you hit the Nail on the sensitive head! Just paid my dues....
joost
Joost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #45
Lucydad

Done..I am a financial supporter...well worth the minimal cost!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #46
Electrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucydad View Post
Done..I am a financial supporter...well worth the minimal cost!

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
Ford F-250 4-Door 4-Wheel Drive Short Bed Powerstroke 6.7
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1999 Nomad (Sold but not forgotten)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #47
Tracker
Forum Supporter

Please tell me $62.16 for April is just something wonky with the monthly auto calculator thing.
"Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave."
- William Pitt
"The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu

Massey Ferguson 1020 - Old Red
Memories: Honda VLX, Triumph Speed Triple, Yamaha FZ6
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #48
Electrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Please tell me $62.16 for April is just something wonky with the monthly auto calculator thing.
That's what I was thinking! I can't believe TWT can't get more support.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 05-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

It is not automatic. I just haven't been keeping to my regular schedule lately and just haven't sat down to put the time in to update it. April was about average I think.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #50
TWTourist

Done for the year. Let me know if you don't receive it.

'12 Wee-Strom Adventure
'12 R1200RT (Gone)
'13 FJR
TWTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
Electrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWTourist View Post
Done for the year. Let me know if you don't receive it.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 05-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #52
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Okay, I got it updated. April was a little over average. The average is probably around $800-900/month. It really fluctuates. Some months we barely hit $600-700 and some we hit $1100-1200.

Right now we have 15,872 users with active accounts, and of that 160 are currently Forum Supporters. The number of supporters has stayed right around the 150-160 mark from as far back as when we had about 5K users. It has not always been the same people though. Some people will donate for a while, then stop. New people start to donate for a while and then they stop. Some start and stop as circumstances in their lives allow/demand. However, there are some folks that have been donating consistently and continually for a long time. I appreciate ALL of the supporters because they do make continuation of the forum possible

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #53
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Okay, I got it updated. April was a little over average. The average is probably around $800-900/month. It really fluctuates. Some months we barely hit $600-700 and some we hit $1100-1200...
Looks like May is going gang busters also. You're already near your monthly average and today is only the 13th. Possibly not updating the totals had people thinking less money was coming in and spurred some donations as a result. Maybe your daughter is gonna get that new bike after all

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
Timbercat

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how we can have 15K users and sooooooo few contributors. Come on folks. This is sad. We ALL need to do our part.

Lee
See the world in another way..... on two wheels!

http://Timbercat.whereamiriding.com

Last edited by Timbercat; 05-13-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Timbercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #55
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbercat View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't understand how we can have 15K users and sooooooo few contributors. Come on folks. This is sad. We ALL need to do our part.

Lee
Why sad Lee? Remember those totals don't include advertising money either. Nobody's getting rich but the site is turning a respectable profit every month thereby ensuring its continuation. Remember this site provides a service but it is a private for profit business.

Not complaining or trying to stir the pot just making sure everyone realizes this. Some rally for donations like TWT is a non profit charity or something. I donate occasionally but I'm not a $60 a year "Forum Supporter". That doesn't mean I'm not doing my part to keep this site alive.

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #56
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

We get maybe $150/month from advertising. Donations are by far the main support for the site.

If you consider the time that goes into running the site, I don't know about the "respectable profit" But I did not start the site with the goal of making a ton of money. I am fine with people supporting it as they see fit.

Quote:

Old 06-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #57
feo350

I enjoy TWT and have met a lot of really good people. I noted I would donate if I sold my bike on TWT. I sold it to another member and just gave a little back. Thanks.
feo350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #58
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Much appreciated

Quote:

Old 06-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #59
Texas T

Quote:
Originally Posted by feo350 View Post
I enjoy TWT and have met a lot of really good people. I noted I would donate if I sold my bike on TWT. I sold it to another member and just gave a little back. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #60
jegarh
Forum Supporter

OK. I'm a faithful TWT supporter. Why can't I post?

jegarh

(jerry) :