TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Board Administration > News

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #61
4jranch
Forum Supporter

Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Done, about time for me to get on board. Great site.

Thanks...
4jranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #62
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegarh View Post
OK. I'm a faithful TWT supporter. Why can't I post?

jegarh

(jerry) :
You don't have to be a Forum Supporter to post. You only need to be a registered user AND you have to be logged in. However, since you posted the above post, I am not sure why you are asking why you can't post

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #63
jegarh
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
You don't have to be a Forum Supporter to post. You only need to be a registered user AND you have to be logged in. However, since you posted the above post, I am not sure why you are asking why you can't post
I got ahead of myself and had a "senior moment". All's well. Thanks for the reply. Now how about Junction....................
Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #64
Electrified

I'm a faithful TWT supporter but all of a sudden my name in my avatar has changed and I can't send private messages because it is full. My check goes out the same time every month and now I am cut off. Very frustrating.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
Ford F-250 4-Door 4-Wheel Drive Short Bed Powerstroke 6.7
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1999 Nomad (Sold but not forgotten)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #65
RollingJ

PM TM.

Bikeless again
I'm allergic to selfish
RollingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #66
Electrified

I would but I can't because now my PM box is full because I am no longer a forum supporter and the limit reverts back to what a non supporter has.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #67
RollingJ

Are you doing the paypal thing? I had issues a while back when I needed to update my secondary card info (or something of the sort).

I'm sure TM will chime in here is a flash.

Bikeless again
I'm allergic to selfish
RollingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:23 AM   #68
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrified View Post
I'm a faithful TWT supporter but all of a sudden my name in my avatar has changed and I can't send private messages because it is full. My check goes out the same time every month and now I am cut off. Very frustrating.
Sorry about that.

Since you guys don't use Paypal through the forum and a check arrives every month instead, the forum's automated supporter renewal functions don't work on your accounts. So I simply set your accounts as being forum supporters for a year at a time (the max I can do). I just did not realize your current terms expired on 1/6 as I don't get any kind of automated notice that your term is about to expire. However, both of you should have received an automated courtesy email about a week before the 6th letting you know that your current term was about to expire. It has a line in it that says "THIS IS NOT A BILL!". If you see that or miss it and the term expires again next year, just shoot me a PM and I will fix it.

I just set both of your accounts up for another year.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 01-08-2014, 05:01 AM   #69
Electrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Sorry about that.

Since you guys don't use Paypal through the forum and a check arrives every month instead, the forum's automated supporter renewal functions don't work on your accounts. So I simply set your accounts as being forum supporters for a year at a time (the max I can do). I just did not realize your current terms expired on 1/6 as I don't get any kind of automated notice that your term is about to expire. However, both of you should have received an automated courtesy email about a week before the 6th letting you know that your current term was about to expire. It has a line in it that says "THIS IS NOT A BILL!". If you see that or miss it and the term expires again next year, just shoot me a PM and I will fix it.

I just set both of your accounts up for another year.
Thanks Tourmeister. Looks like I'm back in action.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #70
Hoss83

I know there is a place on here where I can see who the big Kahuna is and who the moderators are. I did a quick scan because I'm always in a hurry.....
But could you either tell me or show me........please!

I'm new here but really like what I see so far and the members are top notch as well. This is a really good forum compared to some others and I'm not ragging on anyone. To each his own but I think this may be the best I've seen (for me).
I will become a supporting member only problem is remembering to send $ each month may be difficult.....I have 'old timers' and C.R.F. so I will send a years worth all at once if that's ok...
Very nice forum....thanks for having it!

Hoss83
Hoss83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #71
Electrified

Just go to the top where it says SUPPORT TWT. Tourmeister is the big Kahuna.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #72
Hoss83

Ok, just sent $ for a year.....best forum hands down! Thanks for keeping it that way!
Hoss83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #73
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thank you very much!

Quote:

Old 05-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #74
DaveC

Thumbs up Re: Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Sold my DL seat, quickly. None of the hassle of CList. Sent in 10% because I use this site for so much more than a few for sale items.

Thanks,

-\0/-
[]

"heck, that ain't far! Let's ride"
Quote:
"Such as thou art, so once was I
As I am now, so shalt thou be"
Inscribed on the tomb of The Black Prince , Edward of Woodstock, 1376
Quote:
Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious.
Will Rogers

Ride Naked!
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #75
Curly27784

Sent ya $15 by Paypal. I know it's not much, but the IRS just took a big bite outta me. Plan on retiring in a year and a half. I'll be in Houston in April looking for a retirement home.
'02 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit
'73 Honda CT 90
'73 Honda CT 70
Curly27784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #76
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Thanks! I hope your move to Texas goes smoothly. April is prime riding time, especially in the Tx Hill Country.

Quote:

Old 10-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #77
Electrified

WTH? Almost 19,000 registered users and only 123 users giving a few bucks? No wonder I can never sell anything on TWT. Bunch of dang cheapskates.

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 11-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #78
j_blankenship

Good point E, chipped in now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
j_blankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #79
Electrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_blankenship View Post
Good point E, chipped in now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2012 KTM 250 XC-W
2011 Husaberg FE 570S
2010 KTM SMT-990 SOLD
2004 K 1200 GT (Sold)
1986 XT 600 (R.I.P)
1978 XR-75 (Sold)

Old 11-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #80
Timbercat
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrified View Post
WTH? Almost 19,000 registered users and only 123 users giving a few bucks? No wonder I can never sell anything on TWT. Bunch of dang cheapskates.

I have wondered about this as well. Just looking at the posts and comments I'm amazed at the few that contribute. Doesn't say a lot about our community, or... Maybe it does.
Lee

Lee
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See the world in another way..... on two wheels!

http://Timbercat.whereamiriding.com
Timbercat is offline   Reply With Quote