• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Proud Dad

Johnf3

Reaction score
So, my oldest son has been back in the States since early this summer. He spent the first two years after college living and working in China as a teacher and exploring Asia in his free time.

While in China, he wrote for the largest English language magazine and got quoted in a Texas Monthly online article about Texas expats living in China.

He has freelanced some moto-related pieces and last month we took a trip out to California to do some high desert dirt bike riding. Here is a piece that the fine folks at advpulse.com published. I even got in via the first couple pictures, ha!

I figure since it is moto-related some of you might want to read his piece.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-prepping/group-ride-etiquette/

Last edited:
That was a fun read. And yeah, you should be proud. Thanks for sharing...

Very amusing and very accurate!! I really enjoyed it.. :) but not sure which of one the seven I am!! ;-)

Gary

Awesome John! Good article... I sure try not to be "That guy" and any group.

Danny, it is funny because some of the characters/riders that my son based his story on are guys you have ridden with for sure!! All in good fun and the story is just supposed to be humorous and good for a few laughs.

Fun article and an enjoyable read. Truly written by a fellow who's been there.

Y'all may not know Johnf3 has two sons. Both are fine young men that any Dad would be proud of. (Obviously Mrs. Johnf3 was a major influence along the way :))

Fun article and an enjoyable read. Truly written by a fellow who's been there.

Y'all may not know Johnf3 has two sons. Both are fine young men that any Dad would be proud of. (Obviously Mrs. Johnf3 was a major influence along the way :))

...and they both think you are a good guy, which is quite true. Thanks for the kind words.

I read that on Facebook. People are sharing that article all over! Congratulations on raising a successful son.

Vinny,
Connor is scheduled to move to Austin in January, You may have another partner to ride Emma Long with.:rider:

We'll show him around. He'll be a great addition .

But which of the 7 personalities is he? we need to know so we can plan appropriately!! :trust:

Gary

I think I have been all seven at different times myself! I dragged both my kids through all the single track I have ridden since they were about six years old, so they don't bat an eyelash at much of anything. They don't know any better. :mrgreen:

Back