• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A new spin on the "Pie Run"??

There's a Gino's East in Austin if you're into Chicago casserole... Whizzerville Hall in Manheim, Pint House Pizza in Austin, the list is long and tasty my friends.

So far I see....
Quality pizza
Fru Fru pizza
and...Quantity Pizza, thanks Leon. :D

Which will win? :eat:

Oh, I'll eat it, just wondering if it actually deserves a place in the "Pizza Pie" run category. :D

http://gratefulheadpizza.com/

Heard this place is good (never been there). Always wanted to rent a cabin in the area. Plenty of them for around. Heard the riding is good as well. Not in my immediate future, but likely a good time of year to be the right now. Not to hot....not to cold. Good roads and doable in a day at 3.5 hrs or so from the Metroplex (for the DFW contingent).

Last edited:
If CiCi's makes the cut, Mellow Mushroom ought to, right?

That pizza joint in Llano was pretty good.
Tommy's......

& he's got my sticker on the door

As for deep dish..... With fresh veggies..lots of tasty meats..whole wheat crunchy crust...the Savage was hard ta beat.... Conan's in Austin on the drag usta be our place ta go when hedded down for a concert or club show
Never got over to Brick Oven

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Neither of those places are worth more than a ride across the neighborhood to visit.

ah come on! don't you want to travel to distant places and see just how out of control their children are?:lol2:

Cici’s!!!!

I had a 300#plus apprentice that got cut off at CiCi's. The kid could eat some pizza.
He ordered a whole special pizza to start, then hit the buffet line, then ate the specialty when brought to table. Got a piece or two of desert pizza, and went back up to order another specialty, that is when they said "NO MASS!"
He was a hard working young man that had a huge appetite. He said he wanted his money's worth.
Their salad bar looks like a tore up last years birds nest. Said he didn't care much for salad.:lol2:

Last edited:
3b54071f2a38d096501b0c53865f5a88.jpg

Re: A new spin on the "Pie Run"??

Saw an episode of The Daytripper that had pizza at La Citta Pizzeria in San Saba.
Authentic Italian pizza made by and Englishman I think. Hehe
They showed a pizza called The Cowboy Way. Pepperoni topped w tots and chili/cheese

https://m.yelp.com/menu/la-citta-pizzeria-san-saba-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a pizza guy but I heard that this place is really good. Also Pecan Street Brewing company in Johnson City was also a place people liked their pies.

We've found Mellow Mushroom in Denton to be quite good. It's actually the only pizza joint we visit anymore, and I'm pretty choosy.

If you like Cane Rosso I’d check out Pizzeria Testa in Frisco. Also Neapolitan pizza, but a little more traditional. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

Back