• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell

Reaction score
Any of you folks interest in Barnwell? Looking to maybe catch a ride in the next few weekends. Newly located in Texarkana so not to far for me.

I love Barnwell. I'm probably/hopefully riding RRMT this weekend, but I'm definitely up for a ride at Barnwell soon. Maybe the 4th? Or the end of April. The 10th-19th I'll be in Moab.

Will do Driver! Currently bogged down by a cluttered garage and lack of parts. The newly found suspension fluid under the left fork leg says I will be waiting to ride unless I ride the wife's 125. (currently set up for storage as she has knee issues). It would be hard to keep that thing wound up in the tight stuff for hill climbs. I'm a bit heavy for it! The 300 is much better for that stuff.

Would love to go to Barnwell...we keep talking about it. Maybe April 25-26? That is our (actually my) next free weekend.

The 25th or 26th sounds good to me. My only variable is when my daughter has her baby. If the baby comes on or just before that weekend, I'll be helping take care of her others kids.

Otherwise, sounds good to me.

Is Barnwell good for kids? Mine have ridden RRMT a couple times and have done well, but they are still beginners.

It's good for kids. There are signs at most trailheads indicating the degree of difficulty. There are also plenty of easy two-track trails and roads. I spent a lot of time there with my kids when they were young and learning.

And as they get better, you can find pretty much any level of challenge you might want, right up to bug-eyed OMG!! :-)

That might be doable for me as well.... If I can get the garage in order enough to replace some seals on the forks. I think I actually have all the fluids and special tools to do it if I can find them!

Is anyone up for Barnwell this weekend? I have a large variable in that my daughter is expecting her 3rd child any day now. If he comes before the weekend, I may be doing grandpa duty, taking care of her other 2 kids so my wife can help with the new baby.

If baby doesn't come yet, I'd like to ride on Saturday!

I'd like to ride Sat as well! That is good for me. If my parts don't get here in time I will likely just drain fork tube just use the seal doctor on the bike and top the fluid off.... If that fails I will be the heavy set dude on my wife's 125 2-stroke! As long as they get here by Friday Morn I should be good.

Any word from LuLu & Lucy D?

I'd like to ride Sat as well! That is good for me. If my parts don't get here in time I will likely just drain fork tube just use the seal doctor on the bike and top the fluid off.... If that fails I will be the heavy set dude on my wife's 125 2-stroke! As long as they get here by Friday Morn I should be good.

Any word from LuLu & Lucy D?

The 125 will be fine out there. I know someone who alternates between his 125 and 250 and goes everywhere on both. Of course, he's an A rider and can kind of ride anything. But no climb out there is too much for the 125. Maybe a few of rock crawler trails.

The motorcycle trails are rated easier. I made the mistake one day of hitting the rock crawler trails by myself when everyone else was in beer mode, thinking I'd be ok on a bigger wider trail. Those machines really destroy those trails. I only had issue getting over the 3 ft ledges at the top of the climbs where they spin their tires and create an impossible shelf to get over, for a bike and a crappy rider.

The 125 is fun to ride and I can ride it. Did an enduro on it (broken 450 and I needed the points), so I know it will haul me around ok. It was a area that had some elevation changes. I can make some time on it. Just have to keep it wound up a bit. Its a little soft for me suspension wise, but out there it won't matter much as the speeds will be way down and it has a skid plate on it. I've not been on the bike much at all and there are lots of trees to keep that in check. I did the last enduro they put on there at Barnwell on my old 450. It was fun, but I really don't know my way around well.

I will call them tomorrow afternoon to see how much rain they've gotten. Hopefully not too much for a Saturday ride.

If weather is good, when do we want to meet? 10:00 at the big pavilion a quarter mile past the entrance? I'm somewhat flexible on time.

They've received a lot of rain this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and windy, so Sunday might be perfect.

Anyone up for an 8:00 start on Sunday?

I might be, but depends. Figured I would be free, but was informed I might be in DFW Sunday (step daughter dress shopping for formal). My wife was supposed to work this Sunday, but may be able to switch a shift. I'm itching to ride badly so I may plead me case that she just needs to go. Its kind of a mother daughter thing anyway. I'd just mill about the store in a creepy fashion and check my phone anyway. Was really hopping for Saturday, but it's has been raining here all night and also most of today on and off. Also a bit earlier this week, so it will be moist for sure. Sunday will be much better if it can dry out a little bit. Will post back up on Saturday if I'm good to go.

I'll be there! Dust will be down and woods very loomy!!!!:rider:
Mud? Not that much. Come out and play!:trust:

From what I recall Barnwell handles rain pretty well.

Meet Sunday morning about 8:00 at the big pavilion? I'll be on the yellow DRZ.

I just took the supermoto wheels off the XR and replaced with my dirt set...I am a maybe. If I make it, I will have a blue dodge with red/wht/blue XR. Probably won't be until 10 or 11.

Hope to see you there. I'll have my grey clubcab Frontier. I expect to be at the big pavilion by 8:30. I need to re-up my membership.

I may not make it. Got some kind of allergy thing going on with my eye. I'll have to see in the morning.

Heard saturday was crazy muddy. After the rains we got here Friday night I'd bet it was still sloppy Sunday. I opted for garage time with the 300 and finishing up a few on going projects around the house instead of thrashing on my wife's bike. Go half of what I need done of the 300. Ran into a need for a part. Going to have to wait on it.

Back