• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mefo tires-Are they better?

Reaction score
I've been reading about these German tires and ask the board for reviews. I'm interested in the Mefo Explorers. Do they offer better performance for the money? Do they wear longer? Will the 17 x 5.10 fit the DR650?
Thanks!

Re: Mefor tires-Are they better?

Another Tire, Whoopee, I wonder why BMW doesn't put them on their bikes new from the factory if they are so good.

John

That would suppose OEM put the best parts on from the factory. We all know that just isnt so.

I've heard the Mefo Explorers are good tires for grip and wear. Kinda pricey though.

Re: Mefor tires-Are they better?

You don't hear much about them except from the "'round the world" adventure bikers. Obviously the price probably keeps many from purchase. I try to keep an open mind and was curious if any use them. I havent read much about them on TWT and to me, that's probably a sign they are overpriced and something to avoid.

:popcorn:

Having no first hand experience with them I eagerly await reading reports from those that have tried them.

My BIL chose them for a long trip around Mexico because he wanted a tire that would last the trip without having the re-tire during the trip. He rode them 8000 miles and had plenty of tread left at then end of the trip. Good traction for regular dirt road riding. Good on the highway. Not as good as more aggressive knobbies in the mud or sand, duh. They fit a niche for long distance touring. They will last at least twice as long as two sets of most other tires.

Back