• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Barn Find story waiting to be told

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
I was in New Mexico this week and I visited my cousin. He lives in the mountains just east of Albuquerque. He lives in an area that is populated mainly by people who want to live off the grid. He showed me his mountain home that is really secluded and uses a small carbon footprint.
I asked him if he knew any of his neighbors and he said kind of, but everyone in the area pretty much stays to themselves. A lot of pot is grown in the area.
Then he told me that the property bordering one side of his 10 acre lot is owned by an absent owner. He said the the guy started a house many years ago but never finished and never shows up. My cousin went over to see if the owner was around one day but instead just found the foundation and debris from the starting of a house but left too long uncompleted.
Then he saw a shed with no door on it and something covered with tarps. He peeked under the tarps and there is a Harley Sportster and a Norton just sitting there gathering dust.
It is driving me crazy thinking about how to find out who owns the Norton (I'm not a Harley guy) and what it might sell for.:trust:

I was in New Mexico this week and I visited my cousin. He lives in the mountains just east of Albuquerque. He lives in an area that is populated mainly by people who want to live off the grid. He showed me his mountain home that is really secluded and uses a small carbon footprint.
I asked him if he knew any of his neighbors and he said kind of, but everyone in the area pretty much stays to themselves. A lot of pot is grown in the area.
Then he told me that the property bordering one side of his 10 acre lot is owned by an absent owner. He said the the guy started a house many years ago but never finished and never shows up. My cousin went over to see if the owner was around one day but instead just found the foundation and debris from the starting of a house but left too long uncompleted.
Then he saw a shed with no door on it and something covered with tarps. He peeked under the tarps and there is a Harley Sportster and a Norton just sitting there gathering dust.
It is driving me crazy thinking about how to find out who owns the Norton (I'm not a Harley guy) and what it might sell for.:trust:
If it had a license plate, might be able to search or get the VIN and search. OR check tax off for the property owner:ponder:

Yup, VIN or LP. That'll show the last "registered" owner. The one who last had them may or may not be the "registered" owner.

If the property was defaulted on the bank would have gone to see what assets there they can collect. Since that hasn't happened apparently the property owner is still paying taxes. Those are public records which more than likely can be searched via internet using the address.

Yup, VIN or LP. That'll show the last "registered" owner. The one who last had them may or may not be the "registered" owner.

If the property was defaulted on the bank would have gone to see what assets there they can collect. Since that hasn't happened apparently the property owner is still paying taxes. Those are public records which more than likely can be searched via internet using the address.

Exactly:trust:

Good ideas. I'm first going to e-mail my cousin to get the lot number of the property and ask him to keep an eye out to find the property owner's name.

Good luck on the follow-up Rick. That'd make for one fun and interesting resto project.

Back