• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The VFR is finally available in more than one color!!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Check this out. I'm thinking this is the same paint scheme as on the 919? Bleech! Makes it look like someone crashed it and then spray painted it with spray cans from Autozone :| Sometimes I really wonder what the guys at American Honda are thinking :roll: Well, one more year and then we get to see what they will do to the 2006 models? Think blue! :mrgreen:

Adios,

No, no, no... You've got it all wrong. That's just primer so you can spray it in any color your heart desires. I'm thinking I'll go with plaid. :wink:

I like the Euro dark blue color.
prd_bike_blue_metallic.gif

:tab There was a spot on their website where you could supposedly "build your own bike", choose custom colors, options, etc,... and then order it from a dealer. What a load of crap! The only option for the 03 VFR is silver, big choice there! I want to choose from ALL the colors. Is that really too much to ask!? :-(

I just don't understand Honda's infatuation with flat black. Maybe if they were building urban tactical assault machines for the US Army, but is flat black really high on the list of prospective buyers??? I know it doesn't even make my top 50.......
TR
El Centro CA

:tab Yeah, if I want flat black, I'll go with the Rhino Spray on bedliner everywhere! At least then it will be useful and ugly instead of just ugly. :-P

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:tab What a load of crap! The only option for the 03 VFR is silver, :-(

:angryfir: You know, taken out of context I feel like I have been flamed!

:lol: :lol:

Actually I agree with bluedogok that the midnight blue is a cool color. But I think it is only available in Asia and Australia, not even in Europe.

Hehe... you were not flamed! The Silver is by far my favorite color for the new VFRs, followed by the dark blue. The point is just that there is no choice of color despite the claim that you could customize your bike. "You can have any color you want... As long as it is silver..." Very Henry Fordish :lol:

The texture of the "black" paint used even looks like it was brushed on rather than sprayed, much like the original Model Ts. Very Henry Ford-ish indeed... :wink:

:eek: Woooooooo

From what I see here it looks like they are dropping the Silver all together, at least from the US market. How lame. One year and out. I know that they are keeping it in Europe and Canada so whats the deal.

Sometimes these manufacturers just make me want to :headbang: then :puke:

Back