• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR with blown engine, plenty farkled SOLD

txcrna

Reaction score
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 with 22,000 miles for sale. One of the 08 oil burners, wich I happily poured oil into as it burned it, until....Ker-Chunk. Not sure what blew, but a few high speed runs (80mph) blew all the oil and....no compression, no nothing.

New seals in fork, with progressive springs, rebuilt, revalved and heavier spring to stock rear shock. Low mount front fender.

Farkles include: TomTom rider GPS, Skid plate, Crashbars, Rear pannier rack with hard cases, Givi Top Box, Handelbar Risers, off road foot pegs, Tool tube, Madstad Windscreen and the crowning glory: Aerostich Tank Panniers!

$1000 will get you all those farkles and a titled KLR that needs an engine.

Cant seem to post pictures to this forum, email me for photos.

Grapevine, TX
txcrna@msn.com

Last edited:
Re: KLR with blown engine, plenty farkled

08 Kawasaki KLR 650 with 22,000 miles for sale. One of the 08 oil burners, wich I happily poured oil into as it burned it, until....Ker-Chunk. Not sure what blew, but a few high speed runs (80mph) blew all the oil and....no compression, no nothing.

New seals in fork, with progressive springs, rebuilt, revalved and heavier spring to stock rear shock. Low mount front fender.

Farkles include: TomTom rider GPS, Skid plate, Crashbars, Rear pannier rack with hard cases, Givi Top Box, Handelbar Risers, off road foot pegs, Tool tube, Madstad Windscreen and the crowning glory: Aerostich Tank Panniers!

$1000 will get you all those farkles and a titled KLR that needs an engine.

Cant seem to post pictures to this forum, email me for photos.

Grapevine, TX
txcrna@msn.com

Got pitchers? ;-)

Cant seem to post pictures on this forum, email me for pictures.

Greg

Emailed, very interested. Thanks!

This is a GREAT deal.

Heed this warning for anyone who is going to put an engine in this bike. DO NOT put another 08 or 09 in it. Anything else and you will be happy. I bought one exactly like this and loved it after I put a 2010 engine in it. After doing some research it happens/happened to a bunch of these bikes made in 2008 and 2009.

Oh, so very tempting.

Oh, so very tempting.

Exactly what I was thinking....just not sure I could do a KLRsys as good as yours. I was talking about your bike to Erik two days ago. I thought when I rode yours, this is what Kawasaki should have evolved the KLR into:chug:

Exactly what I was thinking....just not sure I could do a KLRsys as good as yours. I was talking about your bike to Erik two days ago. I thought when I rode yours, this is what Kawasaki should have evolved the KLR into:chug:

Not sure I wanted any encouragement, but PM and email sent anyway.

Back