• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Planning and Prep Tips for the next big DS Ride

I try to pick items that cover multiple uses. I have a soldering iron that doubles as a torch and lighter.
Hammocks pack small if you don't need a thick rain fly or bug net.
Zipties are worth their weight in gold. So it a small bit of safety wire.
I'm still trying to move to one type of battery for all my lights. I may give up and find a small portable charger.
A proper tool kit is a worth its weight in gold. Leave the mfg one at home. Learn how to do a tire change using just 3 spoons (motion pro makes a good set in Al) and a bead breaker.

Sent from my unbreakable Droid Turbo 2

For a camp light I just use an Energizer brand head light that straps to my fat head. Leaves the hands free with light right where I need it. Mine even has the red light, which is nice for nighttime potty trips without lighting up the whole place and destroying my night vision. I've had it for years and have yet to need to change the batteries.

Back