• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for later model DRZ-400

Thanks for all the great advice. I'd seen small excerpts about some of those issues, but not done enough research. (Still have only begun). Truly appreciate all the info.

Buy your bike, 2003 and later S, 2001 and later E.. and post when you buy it.
I'll point you to all the recommended preventive fixes. And can advise on any repairs needed.
I have three DRZ motors in the shop right now being built to different levels....I know a little bit about this bike model. :giveup:

Thanks Marquez! Bought MudClod's 06 DRZ 400S for Whiteeyelashes. Appreciate any advice. Sure would like to learn more about your biz and raceteam too!

What a great group. Thanks to all for our successful search and buy. Dear Moderators: This thread is complete. Please help us remove it or place it where non-pertinent threads live.

No no no. Not how we do it here. If we find a dead horse, we all take turns beating it, then, once we've all tired we walk away.

Then 5 months later, someone comes by and pokes that once dead horse, and it comes back to life. Then we all take turns beating it to death again.

Grab a stick, and join the party. :-)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nFFnUbinw"]best movie clip ever - YouTube[/ame]

Buy your bike, 2003 and later S, 2001 and later E.. and post when you buy it.
I'll point you to all the recommended preventive fixes. And can advise on any repairs needed.
I have three DRZ motors in the shop right now being built to different levels....I know a little bit about this bike model. :giveup:

Hi Eric! OD and WR actually bought the bike for ME as I'm still in the Bahamas (where OD will be shipping the XT you see her on in her avatar). I've PM'd you on the TT forum regarding a suspension question. I've been scouring the TT threads for info on fixes and mods and the spending has begun! Boxes of parts await me in Texas when I arrive. TIA

Back