• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gone - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Morgan
For sale is my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. Has the ECM flash, which makes a significant performance difference over stock, Yoshimura exhaust, 25k miles, set up for ADV riding. Comes with set of street tires and off road tires (rear is nearly worn out), givi crash bars, adjustable wind screen, aux LED lights, factory skid plate, seat concepts seat, happy trails locking top case with aftermarket rack, Touratech I think, Pelican tank case, heated grips, and a pair of locking Brooks Panniers with mounting racks. (note on the panniers, on my last ADV ride in colorado, the weight of the right pannier stripped out the mounting bolts on the right side (passenger handle mounts), will need to be rethreaded to be mounted properly) Bike has been garage kept by me and the previous owner, a TWTEX member. Right plastic factory hand guard broke off on Engineer Pass, about 30 bucks from bike bandit to replace. Asking $8500, Title in hand, located in DFW. Will deliver to central, panhandle or east Texas area for full asking price. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Tenere.jpg
    Tenere.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 459
Re: 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Price drop to 8300, open to trades.

Price Dropped to 8000 or best cash offer, need down payment for a new truck.

Unless anybody is in the market for a Silver 2005 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 4Dr, v6, 6speed MANUAL, 140k miles, (This is a unicorn configuration, top option model of the year) was rear ended by a camaro and the frame tweaked a bit behind the rear axle. Drives perfect and has for 20k miles since accident. Passed Inspection yesterday. Unfortunately it was deemed a total loss by insurance, and I was paid out a paltry sum and decided to keep it for a while. My title reads clear, in my name, (owned before was hit) but will likely be converted to salvage for new owner, or may need to be done before can change hands, I am not sure considering it literally passed inspection this morning. It would make an excellent base for modifications for heavy off roading, or a great daily driver. Truck has been 100% reliable since I have owned it, as any tacoma should. Tires have less than 5k, oil change this morning. Asking $12000 OBO.

Correction, after doing some research, for the truck to legally change hands I have to obtain a salvage title, this should be fun.

Motivated Seller.

Ended up giving it to the dealership for $5k due to lack of interest, too bad, would have made a member a **** of a deal.

Admin please remove thread, SOLD

Ended up giving it to the dealership for $5k due to lack of interest, too bad, would have made a member a **** of a deal.

I doubt if anyone on TWT would have even dreamed your bike could be had for that low. What a shame, you could have posted earlier that dealer offer was bending you over and looking to give someone a great deal here. Bike would have sold EASILY for much much more. Lots of wiggle room between $5k and $8k. Win-win for both seller and buyer.

_

This one fell through the cracks for me. I've been looking but missed this somehow......

It had been for sale for nearly two months on this forum and Craigslist and I only had one person contact me about it. Silver Bullet is the first comment NOT mine, and this thread was started on the 4th of October. I dropped the price to OBO 2 weeks before I let it go and even stated that I was hunting for a down payment, indicating to anyone that I was motivated to move it. The TWT community had plenty of time to inquire and make offers, but I got literally NO interest from members. I wanted to keep it in the family (I did a fly and ride assisted by the previous owner, a twtex member) but after 2 months decided to just sacrifice it to get the truck that I needed on the best day of the year to deal. When the title work comes back on my 05 and it sells, ill probably pick up another bike. The Tenere is somewhere around the 20th motorcycle I have owned and sold in 9 years of riding, I don't think the bike itch will subside for too long. Toyota of Denton might make somebody great deal to take it off their hands quickly, I'm happy to go over the history of the bike with the new owner should a forum member decide to buy it from them.

Thanks for looking!

So many people are either embarrassed or uncomfortable making what they think will be considered a 'low ball' offer. They don't want to offend the seller or feel like a cheapskate. However if done with respect for the seller and his property I see nothing wrong with it. If it's less that the seller wants then he can simply decline. At least he knows what the price floor is. As a frequent seller I'm never offended to hear a respectful offer and as I buyer I fully appreciate being told no.

Yours is a perfect example. I'll bet several people watching it said 'if that bike drops to $6K I'm going to be all over it'. Instead they should've just dropped you a line and said if you're ever in the market to sell at $6K let me know. You'd have both come out ahead.

Back