• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

amazon red alert!!

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
heads up to anyone looking for a deal on a motorcycle GPS, Amazon has a big sale on the Tom Tom rider with life time maps! $149.98 :eek2:
\
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-RIDER-Motorcycle-Navigator-Lifetime/dp/B00BHADL3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448133253&sr=8-1&keywords=tomtom motorcycle gps.&tag=viglink26336-20"]http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-RIDER-Motorcycle-Navigator-Lifetime/dp/B00BHADL3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448133253&sr=8-1&keywords=tomtom motorcycle gps.&tag=viglink26336-20[/ame]

Can these be programmed with custom maps like my old school Garmin?

Can these be programmed with custom maps like my old school Garmin?

Not sure about the scope of the Garmin custom mapping feature, but TomTom has the ability to include overlays, raster maps, personal POIs, so on and so forth.

Once thing I've been unclear on is the version that is on sale. It appears that TomTom has updated the rider a few times. This may be a clearance for an older version. We'll see in a few days. A weatherproof touchscreen GPS at $150 will work for me.

m

What a great deal...just had to post it didn't you. *&^%$# made me spend money:giveup:.

Timed the delivery so it will show up when Mrs 40_C should be at work....no honey I've had this for a while now.

this is the original version and can be programed for a route. not sure about down loads.

this is a entry level simple unit like the short lived zumo 220

4 gig built in memory.

I've been trying to hold out for the new Magellan TRX7 but I've just about given up waiting for them to appear, this might do the trick :)

I may give in and buy one, my zumo 220 is starting to develop the Garmin trade mark glitches they get when a few years old.

The tomtom has arrived. Simple, easy to use. I'm not sure it knows where it is because it is saying it's about 1500 ft from where it really is, but since it's indoors it may have some accuracy problems. My Zumo won't even work indoors.

I can see I'm not getting any work done today.

m

Back