• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJ-07 ...It's not a Tenere... But it's bound ta be good

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Well I'd hoped that Yamaha was gonna take a different path with the next FZ-07 variant.... but oh well.... marketing genius I guess

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-mt-07-tracer-revealed/27867.html

We can only still hope for a XT-07.....>>> UPDATE 4-14-16.... see link below <<<

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/mo-espionage-yamaha-fz-07-tenere-spy-shots.html

The Tuning Forkers sure have taken their sweet time..... & I already don't like the look of those TUBE TYPE WHEELS

Last edited:
Nice!

I am still waiting for an FZ09A - Adventure bike platform...

yamaha-fz-09-tenere-concept-oberdan-bezzi_opt.jpg

Just dreams for now...

RB

I like the look of it. If I were buying a new bike today (which I'm not) it would probably be an FJ-09. If the FJ-07 is significantly lighter it would be in consideration as well.

I liked the looks of the FZ-07 but found myself thinking if it had a bigger gas tank and windscreen I'd be liking it a lot more. Knowing they kind of planned to upscale it a little makes me happy to wait a while and see what the matured product looks like. I just hope they keep the gauge the current FZ-07 has, rather than dropping in that crappy flat gauge from the FJ-09.

Nice!

I am still waiting for an FZ09A - Adventure bike platform...

yamaha-fz-09-tenere-concept-oberdan-bezzi_opt.jpg

Just dreams for now...

RB

I'd like that without that little fairing and windscreen. I've never ridden a bike with one of those setups that didn't buffet the crap out of my helmet. It doesn't provide that much protection and the air flow is much cleaner without it.

I'd like that without that little fairing and windscreen. I've never ridden a bike with one of those setups that didn't buffet the crap out of my helmet. It doesn't provide that much protection and the air flow is much cleaner without it.

I understand.

The FZ09A with better off-road travel, 21 inch front tire (spoke), bigger fuel tank etc. would be a winner.

All the hail that amazing triple engine!

icon_dude.gif

yamaha-unwraps-the-fz-09-triple-cylinder-beast-photo-gallery-medium_18.jpg

I have the inseam to ride the taller machines, but if the Tenere would be delivered in a displacement near 700/750cc I'd be more interested. The KLR and DR lack fuel injection; and while the wee-Strom has a nice motor, the ergos are too tight for me.

I have the inseam to ride the taller machines, but if the Tenere would be delivered in a displacement near 700/750cc I'd be more interested. The KLR and DR lack fuel injection; and while the wee-Strom has a nice motor, the ergos are too tight for me.

The Tenere is a heavy pig (600+ lbs with protection) but it is well balanced with a low COG, handles like a lighter bike and does "off road" remarkably well. As good as or better than the much lighter Wee Strom. And I agree on the Wee's ergos, my legs and knees get painfully cramped in 50 miles.

The bike you wish for above is already available, Triumph Tiger 800. Very nice machine, powerful FI triple, 21" front wheel and spokes, lighter weight, good mpg/fuel range and proven reliable.

_

Last edited:
The FJ-07 won't be an ADV bike. It'll be like the FJ-09 - a street oriented sport-touring "lite" bike with a few ADV design elements like a bit longer suspension and roomier ergos. That seems to be the trend, and I think the number of ADV offerings will stay the same or even shrink for a while.

Last edited:
I agree but the big difference about the FJ-07 is going to be the weight. 425 pounds or so??? Yes please!!!

I believe that Yamaha hasn't been listening as much as they should....
They already have home runs with the FZ-09 & FZ-07.....
Bringing the FJ-09 to market quickly addressed a need for a mid sized STREET Sport Tourer....
We don't need anuther of those.

Yamaha needs a lite Tenere....
& the 07 twin is it.....
They would hav the mid size market cornered.....if offering a bike with spoked rims either 19/17 or 21/17 combo & 425-450lbs gassed up
Suzuki's 650 Strom & Kawasaki's 650 Versys would have a worthy competitor in the XT-07 Tenere

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I believe that Yamaha hasn't been listening as much as they should....
They already have home runs with the FZ-09 & FZ-07.....
Bringing the FJ-09 to market quickly addressed a need for a mid sized STREET Sport Tourer....
We don't need anuther of those.

Yamaha needs a lite Tenere....
& the 07 twin is it.....
They would hav the mid size market cornered.....if offering a bike with spoked rims either 19/17 or 21/17 combo & 425-450lbs gassed up
Suzuki's 650 Strom & Kawasaki's 650 Versys would have a worthy competitor in the XT-07 Tenere

...& NOW THIS!!!
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/2016-yamaha-xsr700-revealed-video.html

not EVEN as well integrated styling as the Ducati Scrambler.
This thing looks SOOOO cobbled together. Schlitz! I could have put together parts from various different bikes better than the XSR.
(Don't get me started on all those screws & bolts in the top tank cover!)

WHY ARE THE TUNING FORK FOLKS NOT LISTENING TO THE VIBES?????

COME ON YAMAHA DESIGN & MARKETING!!!! GIVE US SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS.... GIVE US AN XT700 TENERE!!!!

Last edited:
...& NOW THIS!!!

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/2016-yamaha-xsr700-revealed-video.html

not EVEN as well integrated styling as the Ducati Scrambler.

This thing looks SOOOO cobbled together. Schlitz! I could have put together parts from various different bikes better than the XSR.

(Don't get me started on all those screws & bolts in the top tank cover!)

WHY ARE THE TUNING FORK FOLKS NOT LISTENING TO THE VIBES?????

COME ON YAMAHA DESIGN & MARKETING!!!! GIVE US SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS.... GIVE US AN XT700 TENERE!!!!

I couldn't disagree more. I think it is a great looking bike, and a great concept. I'd prefer it to be a bit lighter, but it is a bike I'd consider buying if I fit on it and the price was right.

Mabe my real issue is....

That I can't understand the reasoning.....

YAMAHA STREET NAKEDS 6
FZ1
FZ-09
FZ-07
XSR700 (RETRO)
SR400 (RETRO)
XSR900 (edit add) 11-27

STREET SPORT TOURING 2-3
FJ-09
FJR1300
FJ-07 (pending release) 11-27

ADV & ADV TOURING!!!! Still only 1
XTZ1200

DUAL SPORT 3
WR250R
XT250
TW200

But I still don't like the XSR styling

Last edited:
But I still don't like the XSR styling[/QUOTE]

Me neither,I think its steampunky which is a fad that will wear out.
SB is right the Tenere feels great they just got the COG right,it does not feel as heavy as it is.Not something to overlook only because of weight.

Yeah... only reason I hadta look past the Tenere in the first place was price.... my funds wouldnt fit it. ....

Now that theyre used & priced lower..... well?????
Hmmmm

Yeah... only reason I hadta look past the Tenere in the first place was price.... my funds wouldnt fit it. ....

Now that theyre used & priced lower..... well?????
Hmmmm...

Just think of all the money you'll save on chain lube and sprocket sets also!
Riding with a few others recently for 5 days and having to keep my right wrist under exercised I got over 50 mpg on multiple tanks. My lifetime average after 17K miles is only 38.5 mpg though. But that is mostly heavy throttle pleasure riding or high speed highway cruising, no commuting.

_

I'll say this with honest appreciation for the FZ-07 and FZ-09. The only fault I percieve on those bikes is that the tanks are stupidly small. In this day and age I see no reason why bikes do not have a minimum of 4.5 to 5 gallons in volume. They brag about fuel mileage, then add a 3 gallon fuel tank. It's just ridiculous. I have 2 Hawks that have a 3 gallon tank, and gets 45 mpg. Frankly they look as good as the FZ-07 in my book as well (well my project one does, even unfinished, lol). If I wanted to toss 2700 bucks into the motor it would have just as much power as well. I was on the fence earlier this year in regards to buying an FZ-07 or waiting to see what they do in regards to a FJ version (which looks like is going to be out for the next year model) but this... It's something yamaha didn't need to do. The FZ-07 was already a perfect scrambler in my opinoin, all you had to do was find some respectably knobbly tires. If Pirelli made a 17 inch front version of what they put on the Duc scrambler I'd use that, in fact.

Just think of all the money you'll save on chain lube and sprocket sets also!
Riding with a few others recently for 5 days and having to keep my right wrist under exercised I got over 50 mpg on multiple tanks. My lifetime average after 17K miles is only 38.5 mpg though. But that is mostly heavy throttle pleasure riding or high speed highway cruising, no commuting.

_

I'd rather rat up the FZ version and save weight. After flipping over my Vee recently I'm rethinking my idea of what the perfect long range solution would be, lol.

I really like the XSR. I was thinking of adding a FZ-07 but I've not warmed up to the insectoid look. If they bring an ABS version to the states, I think I will get one. I'm a big fan of steampunk! :-)

Mabe my real issue is....

That I can't understand the reasoning.....

YAMAHA STREET NAKEDS 6
FZ1
FZ-09
FZ-07
XSR700 (RETRO)
SR400 (RETRO)
XSR900 (edit add) 11-27

STREET SPORT TOURING 2-3
FJ-09
FJR1300
FJ-07 (pending release) 11-27

ADV & ADV TOURING!!!! Still only 1
XTZ1200

DUAL SPORT 3
WR250R
XT250
TW200

But I still don't like the XSR styling
My question still stands...
HELLO... YAAAAMAHA.... WAKE UP.... TIME TA WAKE UP

With Benelli's soon possible import of the TRK 502 & SWMs 600 thumper ADV bikes.... whatcha gonna do bout it oh tuning forkers???

My question still stands...
HELLO... YAAAAMAHA.... WAKE UP.... TIME TA WAKE UP

With Benelli's soon possible import of the TRK 502 & SWMs 600 thumper ADV bikes.... whatcha gonna do bout it oh tuning forkers???

I talked to Yamaha, they will be calling you to make a bike just for you that only you can like and afford! :loco::lol2:

Back