• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SWM ADV bike

Reaction score
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/2016-swm-superdual/

2016_SWM_Superdual_9-561x374.jpg

I like it. How much I like it depends on price and dealership availability. This is the kind of bike I'd love to see more of, though.

Man!!!! They did it..... They put a "your butt goes exactly, only right here".

Why would they do that??? Geez

Excellent. Competition is always good to the consumer.
I hope they make a reliable bike that is priced between a DR 650 and a KTM 690. Then I'll buy it used a few years later :rider:

Is this made in China or?

"Pricing has not been announced but the company is expected to take advantage of a lower cost of components manufactured in China, which will be shipped to Italy for assembly."

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does a 12.4:1 CR somewhat limit where this bike can go?

That's 91+ only territory, and though I have never been, I've heard stories that fuel in Mexico can vary from a normal gas station were used to here, all the way to a guy with a gas drum with a hand pump in a shed.

350 dry weight, with everything it's has that would be light if true. Way heavier than a true dirtbike but under the big adventure bikes.

Fingers crossed, hoping that this one comes true and proves reliable. Looks really sweet to me.

SWM Motorcycles USA ... we should be getting final approval from TxDOT this week for setting up dealers in Texas we will keep you posted

Haven't considered anything new in years but I would have to take a look at this one . My Dago steeds have done a very good job for me . And I would like something a little lighter and easier to handle off road for an old geezer , the 950 KTM can be a handful . The Beta can handle anything but it's not a road bike .

I was so close to ordering the supermoto version(500SM) last night from a dealer in California. My riding group convinced me not to for two reasons:

Reliability

No network of service or parts

I was so close to ordering the supermoto version(500SM) last night from a dealer in California. My riding group convinced me not to for two reasons:

Reliability

No network of service or parts
The SWM 600cc bikes are virtually clones of the Husqvarna TE630 and SMS630. Proven reliable and parts available thru KTM so both concerns mute. The SWM 500 looks to be the Husky 501 so not as familar. Bottom line these are not Chinese designed and engineered bikes.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

The SWM 600cc bikes are virtually clones of the Husqvarna TE630 and SMS630. Proven reliable and parts available thru KTM so both concerns mute. The SWM 500 looks to be the Husky 501 so not as familar. Bottom line these are not Chinese designed and engineered bikes.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

One of the guys had the Husky version and he told me to steer clear of them. They all ride converted Japanese Supermotos. Sigh, guess my dream of having a reliable Supermoto with 6 gears and street maintenance intervals(without weighing as much as a DRZ or DR650) will never come true

Man!!!! They did it..... They put a "your butt goes exactly, only right here".

Why would they do that??? Geez

It looks to me like they probably did it to get a lower seat height. Hopefully there will quickly be a fix for that (there may already be).

Is it just me, or does a 12.4:1 CR somewhat limit where this bike can go?

That's 91+ only territory, and though I have never been, I've heard stories that fuel in Mexico can vary from a normal gas station were used to here, all the way to a guy with a gas drum with a hand pump in a shed.

That is only an issue for a minuscule number of riders. I imagine the power they get out of a higher compression motor will help them sell more bikes than they would with one that can run in regular gas. How many U.S. riders really go riding in Mexico? Gotta be less than 1%.

Back