• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Slightly Delinquent Intro

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Tidrick
Welllll, I REALLY meant the "delinquent" as "late", but other definitions may apply as well!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now and liking what I see. I had meant to do the intro deed earlier, but was intimidated by the "show your bike" threat and sorting how to post pics on this site. Well, I have an avatar and a User pic up so maybe that will keep me out of hot water for now.

We are sort of new to being Texans - again. My dad was a native. We moved back to TX when I was a little guy for a short time, lived in Dalhart. I took a new role with my company which relocated us to the west Houston area last year. We officially became Katy residents in May of 2011.

The move was from Tennessee, so this has been quite the adjustment for our crew, but it seems to have fit pretty well so far. In fact, I recently was picking at my son who had the hardest time with this move to begin with. I hinted we were moving back to TN and he got mad at me! :doh: It was only in jest, but made me know he has come to terms with this relo.

I started riding in '03. First bike was a 1991 Honda ST1100. After that I had a Gen V Honda VFR for about 3 months and 3,000 miles. Sold it and bought my current '96 ST1100. Through all that, I have long had a secret lust for a Blackbird. My lovely bride lost her mind in '10 and acquiesced to my purchase of a '98 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird as a second bike.

Now, I confess, even though I am not an overly aggressive rider I have become addicted to the power and handling of the 'Bird. I currently have my ST1100 for sale (admittedly I am not pushing it TOO hard) and will likely post up an ad here in the near future. I am in the process of morphing my 'Bird from a super sport to a super sport tourer, but I will also admit I am considering a Yamaha FJR1300 as a "best of both" single machine. Who knows... :-P

Anyway, that's a brief bio from the motorcycle perspective. I like what I've seen so far and look forward to interacting and getting to know some of the folks here.

- kbt

So a delinquent are you, we have ways of dealing with your type!

:rider: To the pie run with you! and take your son.

Welcome home.

So you chose to leave the Volunteer state to locate here. I believe that would make you one of them, just elsewhere. Welcome.

I was born there and got here Christmas day of '61.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

As an Army brat, I can sympathize with your son. Moving and leaving behind friends was never fun, but we usually adjusted and made new friends pretty quick. Kids are pretty resilient as long as they know you love them ;-)

... (admittedly I am not pushing it TOO hard) ...

Ahh, the old, "ask 2x the going rate, and I will look like I'm trying to sell it, but I won't have to actually sell it" move.

I had a friend that pulled that with a Firebird for quite a while. Think he still has it actually! :rofl:

(BTW, never let your wife see this. ;-))

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Much appreciated!

RE: Resilient kids - they gotta be! It seems their parents lost the "owners' manual" that was supposed to come with the delivery... :-)

RE: sale of ST1100 - actually it is priced about right. I owe a couple of sites updated pics and haven't even posted a sales ad thread here. I am more on the sale than is my wife. The real conundrum is "what happens after it sells?" THAT is what worries my sweetheart! :-)

Back